Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This was an immediate purchase based on the promise of lavender and loam. 

Do you like Zombi? Is it because of the dirt? Me too.

Unfortunately, there’s only a hint of dirt smell in this perfume. The creamy, milky notes dominate; I was expecting a sharper lavender and dirt scent. Slumber Ghoul is very gentle, sort of a soft lavender cloud. Not sweet, just a hint of depth that is quickly gobbled up by my skin. 

I cannot stress it enough that I would pay good, good money for a lavender Zombi. 

The Lavender starts out very sharp and herbal when wet, but dry down brings out the creamy milk notes. There’s a slight sharp almost stone like note to the background that doesn’t quite go away (bone dust?) but is faint. I get no loam/dirt note at all (sad, I love dirt). Softer throw but I couldn’t resist to keep sniffing my wrists. Really nice soft cuddly lavender after dry down. Last 5-6 hours before fading. (7/10 creamy lavender cuddly goodness, but wish I got a hint of dirt)

A loam and moss scent, with sweet lavender. I don't get any milk, but the lavender note here is on the sweet and calming side, as opposed to herbal. The other notes create this scene of moss covering stone, dominated by the loam note. I definitely get the inspiration, it smells like bed time in a crypt.

The first time I tried it, it was much stronger on the milk, so milky lavender with a smattering of soil, and then the powdery bone dust note that rises up and ends up dominating the scent.

The second time I tried it, I got more dirt with the lavender, and less milk, but the milk was still there, and it's still not a lot of dirt. (Don't go into this expecting Zombi levels of dirt.) Yet again, the bone dust, which I think is a dry, white sandalwood, with maybe a bit of a white floral note, kind of made this somewhat baby powder-y on me. :( 

I enjoy the wet phase of this scent, but whatever is comprising the bone dust just doesn't jive with me. I think I'll stick with Are You Digging on My Grave, another milky scent with a bit of soil, that I think is more comforting.

Dirt is one of my comfort smells, so with milk and lavender, I thought this would be a knockout. It is really nice, but the dirt note is very subdued, and it's a lot more perfumey than I'd expected. I'm thinking the bone dust is the culprit. Powdery lavender milk and faint dirt, I guess the ghoul crawled out of his grave and brushed all the loam off his clothes. Leave it on next time, buddy. I still love this, though. 

Edited by PumpkinGuts