Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Things Are Fine

The blissful contentment of committing to exist in the moment: white sandalwood smoke, hinoki, white tea, and falling leaves.

Oh I am in LOVE. This is such a fascinating and sophisicated scent. The tea is very forward, and I swear is a very specific variety of white tea called white peony. The smoke is just the barest trace, lending an almost dusty note that reminds me of the faded incense in columns of the temple of neptune. The fallen leaves read VERY specifically as Japanese maple leaves. I would swear there is some kind of unlisted rain note in there, though it might just be the hinoki. A clean, complex scent, without too much throw, and perfect for a rainy Seattle autumn.

Washing your hair with a fragrant aromatherapeutic "spa-like" shampoo and then immediately running outdoors on a crisp October afternoon and rolling around in a pile of loamy leaves and moss, like a great shaggy golden retriever after a bath. This is stunning. STUNNING.

Woodsy dry sandalwood and lovely white tea in equal measure, plus jammy cypress bough. Cushioned by the dead leaves note, but not dominated by it. This has a surprising amount of throw on me. It smells clean and a little wistful, like staring out of a window at a rainy fall evening from the comfort of your warm armchair. While it doesn't seem to share any notes, it has the same luxury-spa-day-for-your-mind feel of Blackout Blinds.  This would be a lovely wind-down, meditation, or sleep scent.

Tea and autumn leaves with the hinoki wood are my initial impressions. There is a brightness to this scent, different from my usual preferences, but very pretty. I can understand the spa-like references from others. Nice!

In the bottle: a light, calming spa-quality scent that's not quite fruity and not quite floral, but somewhere in between.

On my skin: hinoki-sandalwood incense, with the white tea giving it an airy quality. It's funny how different this is from the bottle, but I love this. If you like Embalming Fluid, I would highly suggest checking this one out - they don't really smell anything alike, but the tea is refreshing in the same kind of way. I would love this in an atmo spray or a hair gloss.