Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

A Timid Twinkling Golden Star

A dusty, honeyed wistful, sepia-tinted floral; the olfactory representation of the concept of "dés-vu", or the awareness that this moment will become a memory.

Yep, that's a tuberose. Almost a single note. Sweet amber is one of my favorites, so I hope it comes out more with age. This has a 1920s-1940s classic feel.

It's a beautiful, vintage, voluptuous, night time floral. Makes me think of film noirs, like maybe Laura would wear this.

Almost a tuberose one note for me as well. Strong and heady. The amber may be there for all I know, the tuberose note is strong and almost heady.

I really wanted to try this to get a sense of what tuberose is like as a single note. It’s sooooo pretty, such a lovely sweet floral. I’ll be on the lookout for it in blends now. As others have noted, this definitely has a vintage, film noir vibe. Going on my big bottle list now.

I may be the only one who is getting a weird afternote, so sad 😭😭 I was hoping to get what all the other reviews are saying, I get the most pretty, voluptuous but not indolic Tuberose, except there is this slight sour almost bitter amber (at least I think it’s the amber since it’s the only other note ) that persists throughout drydown. So sad!! 

Edited by myla.mouse.n.di

I generally love a plush, narcotic tuberose and celebrated seeing it without it's loud companion in an obnoxious tropical print shirt: gardenia. Unfortunately, the sweet amber is pulling this into a strange place, like a green banana skin dipped in Ouzo, milky sweet and anise-like but also high-pitched & alcoholic. I'll hang on to my sample and retest before it leaves, currently not planning a FS. 

Fracas. My fave commercial tuberose.  TTGS  evokes  Fracas on me in the best way and I'm here for it.

I mean you gotta love tuberose because she's prima ballerina in this act, the sweet amber definitely keeps this light & bright.