Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

If you liked it then you shoulda put a bell on it: dragon’s blood and frankincense resins, sugared violets, blackberry pulp, and blackcurrant.

Dragon's blood and blackcurrant are the leading notes in this on me, but all of them are present and gorgeous. The dragon's blood is richly resinous and almost tart, and the deeper quieter frankincense adds some warmth to the scent, backing up the resinous notes of the dragon's blood. The blackcurrant is juicy and tart, backed up by a rich syrupy blackberry that elevates the tartness and keeps it from going sour. The sugared violets are a delicate waft over the rest that is fairly subtle on my skin but really adds an airier lighter note keeping the scent from being sticky. There is just the hint of something green in the backdrop of this scent, perhaps the leaves of the violet are here too, and it helps keep the scent fresh despite the elements of resinous sweetness.

Dragon's blood and Frankincense tears (I feel like I pick up that lovely frank lemon here) drenched in tangy dark berries with soft delicate violets weaving through it all.

Violet candy, blackberries, and sugar mashed together into an intensely sweet, gooey pulp type of scent.  Something in here smells like soapy dryer sheets and I don't know what it is because none of the listed notes have a history of going soapy on my skin.  As it dries down, the clean soapiness melds into a hazy, slightly sharp incense smoke, so it's like burning incense that's supposed to smell like clean laundry?  Next to a bowl of purple berry and sugary violet goo.  The incense part doesn't smell particularly like dragon's blood or frankincense to me, so it's an odd experience.

Immediately after arrival this was mostly dragon's blood with a fruity background, but after resting it has totally changed.

Now it's sweet, jammy berries with a sweet dragon's blood supporting. After a while the berries give space for the sugared violets to shine, very pretty but also adding to the sweetness. I liked it more when the dragon's blood was stronger, but it's a great scent for berry lovers who don't want their berries fully gourmand.