Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Vanilla taffeta and wild strawberry caught in a sea-salted gust of coconut, rhubarb, red currant, white musk, pink amber, almond milk, Siamese benzoin, and sea orchid with a hint of tonka, sweet patchouli, and honeyed leather.

Fresh: right away i smell strawberries and what i think is coconut and the red currant. the vibe is very juicy red. i believe the vanilla is in the background smoothing things out and despite all the foodie notes this does not smell like food to me at all. it’s more like a very expensive fancy shampoo not soapy. i think it’s the white musk also helping give this an aquatic edge, that veers into atmospheric.

Dry: the overall smell absolutely makes me think of water if not the beach and it reminds me Animals at the Bottom of the Sea from last year but that has a punchier smell whereas this is just smooth and everything blends together. in the dry down the honeyed leather comes out more for me and it makes this an easy favorite for me this year.

i was expecting a more floofy foody/floral but im glad that i was wrong! elegant is apt descriptor.

broccoliwitch is spot on with the very expensive fancy shampoo comparison. Sweet but not foody, with a salty/aquatic feel. On me there was a ton of throw; I could smell it on my wrists through my mask without bringing them up to my nose.

This is mostly about the strawberry on me throughout wear. The rhubarb is next in prominence, although it's more noticeable during the wet phase than during the dry. The strawberry and rhubarb combo are giving me New Year's Kitty Tea Party vibes, although this obviously has none of the other foodie elements. Over time, the scent becomes more perfume-y as its sea salt and pink amber add some high-pitched elements to the scent, making sure it is nowhere reminiscent of jam by the end of the day (although the ripe, squishy strawberry remains one of the dominant notes). It was only during the dry down that I thought I may have picked up on the barest hints of leather or patch, but they were so fleeting, so I wouldn't avoid this scent because of those notes.

I was here for the strawberry rhubarb phase of the scent, but I appreciated it less once it morphed into a high-pitched, aquatic scent overlaid with some strawberry. I can't see myself reaching for this over New Year Kitty's Tea Party, but I'm glad I gave it a chance!

BLUF: Sugary strawberry and fruity red currant get blasted with salt until this mellows in to sweet--but not foody--elements.  Notes that would ordinarily command attention (leather, patchouli, orchid, vanilla, coconut) with my chemistry are supporting characters in a deep blend.

Wet: Definitely red, juicy, and fruity smell with a shampoo-esque background.  There's a tang of salt that kind of mellows it out.

Semidry: Strawberry Sour Power with brown leather tang.  Coconut and almond milk lurk in the baground.

Dry: Just the barest whiff of patchouli and amber with the leather. The strawberry and currant are gone; orchid is there at the very bottom of the smell.