Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Lilith may be a teenager now, but her love of sweet scents has not dimmed at all.

Blue cotton candy, crystalline white flowers, and moonlit white musk.

I was here for the sugary florals, but I have tested this twice, once two days after arrival, and then two weeks later, and got the same result: sugary, lemony incense.

Seriously, I am not picking up on any floral notes at all. Maybe the white musk is one of the varieties that goes somewhat incense-y on me, or maybe it's due to one of the floral notes (I'm not getting champaca, though)? On my first test, I thought maybe lemony frankinecnse, but on my second test, I swear I got a hint of red patchouli that was lending that incense-y vibe. :think:

Either way, it is not a flormand on me. I was hoping for the blue cotton candy from Thrills and Junk Food that I love, backed by florals. I weep as I send my bottle off to swaps. (On a positive note, the white musk doesn't turn this into soap?)

Edited by doomsday_disco

I hadn't experienced BPAL's cotton candy note before this, but I haven't really cared for other companies'. However, I generally like BPAL's sugar notes, and the Blue Unicorn Moon was so much fun, I thought I'd give this a try.

Not for me, unfortunately. I think I have smelled this cotton candy note in other brands I didn't care for, but it doesn't really smell like cotton candy to me. (Probably why I don't like it.). I also get a vague whiff of the blue raspberry-type, candy note in some other bpal offerings. This might be what Doomsday Disco is reading as lemony, because it has that citric acid candy vibe. Think kool aid, pixie stix, or sour punch straws. I also get some "moon musk:" the typical white/bluish musk in the lunar blends. 

I think "blue" and "crystalline" are the descriptors to focus on here. But for those wanting a fluffy, moon confection, this might disappoint. 

I'm curious to see what those more familiar with the lab's cotton candy note will think. 

Blue cotton candy moon is not the super sweet candy scent I was expecting. It is more grown up and lunar. I find that the cotton candy note lingers more towards the edges of the scent rather than front and centre. I get alot of the lunar, bluish musk that @VetchVesper described. I also get the blue cotton candy note ... there's times when I'm sure that this could have a little bit of blueberry hidden away in there. The cotton candy is not in your face or overly sweet. I think it adds a sugary softness to the musk. I can pick out a vague floral note as well but I couldn't pick out any individual floral notes I'm familiar with. I find that there is a perfumey base to this scent which must be the floral note.

This is very light blue and lunar in feel. It stays close to the skin. It dries down to be a pale, sugared blue musk scent on me. 

Edited by becca_s

This reads as a blueberry floral to me. I don't get a blue cotton candy or blue raspberry scent, but it's an airy scent. It feels more cool spring night to me. And the florals remind me of the mallowflower trio. If you like light white floral scents I would give this a try because it's not as candied as you might think. 

Update: I retested this after letting it sit awhile, and it has to have blueberry in there. I am convinced it's not just blue raspberry...but rather the actual fruit with spun sugar flowers. This is literally wild the way it morphs all over the place. 

Edited by amoray
Update