Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Silvertree

The Queen and the Page

This is a very pretty scent, if somewhat linear.  It's mostly soft, downy orris root without any of the usual overwhelming powder I'm used to, and a gentle breath of pine that melds with the amber and sandalwood without issue. I wouldn't say the pine is astringent, it's more like that rounder, fruitier pine in Christmas candles. Not bad, just not as PINE as I prefer. The mosses really struggle to make it out from under the orris. If the pine needles and mosses had shone through more, this would have been an easy FS.

Good wear time, but not much throw.  Would not offend anyone in the office.

Not much to add other than I also get predominantly orris and maybe amber smoothing out the other notes. It's soft and elegant. Not much pine, frank, moss, although there's some evergreen mostly on opening and drying down to a soft green edge among the off-white notes.

It's not wowing me on it's own, but I'm glad the pine isn't stomping on everything and this isn't strictly atmospheric. It does fit the painting beautifully, though. This would layer beautifully with a deep vanilla, amber, marshmallow, dark woods, or chocolate blend to give those more of a soft woodland veil without aggressive oakmoss or pine. Maybe over Chocolate Chypre or Ice Age Baton.

Edited by RoseThornAndOak

This is terrible in the bottle and on my skin for the first 20-30 minutes. I can't even describe the horror. But. I knew this list of notes couldn't possibly fail me, and my patience was rewarded. I've been letting this rest since it was released, so it isn't a fresh out of the mailbox impression. After about an hour I started picturing one of my beloved high country Olympic Peninsula trailheads and after a minute realized that the oil on my wrists was wafting a familiar scent...all I can say is it must be the pine and mosses working their magic. I'm glad to have a bottle.

I'm surprised this doesn't have more love in the reviews. This is super gorgeous. It's very well blended but I think the frankincense is the most prominent in the bottle. It's very syrupy, and the way it blends with the pines and mosses seems almost citrusy in a really delicious, almost foodie way without smelling like an actual food. The citrusy aspect fades as this dries down and it becomes more golden sandalwood and vanillic resins and greenery. Strong throw and good lasting power. 

ETA i think the amber silk come out for me as a thread of sweetness, almost floral-sweet but definitely not floral, that kind of ties the whole blend together and outlasts the other notes

Edited by DiZZysTARdust