Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Princess Pig on Stilts Playing the Harp

Vanilla cream, sugared-dusted buttercream, red benzoin, sweet amber,

lotus root, frankincense resin, and polished hardwood.

In the bottle and wet, this is MILK. 

The milk dries away almost instantly, and what is left is a beautifully solid, perfectly blended mix of sweet, skin-close resins, a block of wood, and a chunk of unidentifiable fruit left over from breakfast.

What there is not: spice, bubblegum, incense trails, floof, or fizz. 

I love how oddly non-fantastical this scent is. 

Throw is low - me, but no one else unless they huff my neck. Will report back about longevity. 

ETA: today this smells like a creamy, soft pink leather. 

Edited by Estamets

Take Ivory Vulva and Volcano and Springtime and smoosh them together, but crank up the lotus root, and this is their baby.

Seriously though, I kept thinking 'this reminds me of something' every time I sniffed this, and after a while, I realized that it reminded me of those scents... but, like, if you took Ivory Vulva, removed the macadamia and coconut, and replaced it with a fuckton of bubblegum-y lotus. Damn, that lotus is super sweet and strong and takes forever to calm down. This is actually far more lotus heavy than Volcano in Springtime, actually, where it's tolerable for me. Here, it's just too much. The resins are noticeable here and gain strength with wear (the amber is the strongest of those notes), as well as the sweet, creamy notes, but that lotus is stronk and still stands out too much for me by the end of the day.

I think I'll stick with the blue lotus of Blossoming Vulva, but I could see this being very popular since it's so Shunga-esque.

Edited by doomsday_disco

The lotus smells like a white floral gardenia mixed with pink bubblegum, swimming in a pool of buttercream frosting.  Sweet, but gauzy and freshly floral.  The wood and resins aren't really coming out at all on my skin (maybe the tiniest whiff of what reminds me of sugared nag champa in the drydown if I really reach for it, but mostly floral and sweet vanilla).

🐷 This smells like Ghost Dragon's Mama (minus the DB) with its lotus and red benzoin plus the sugared buttercream from Clown Footstool. If you enjoy lotus, this is LOTUS & a pale pink beige cloud of buttercream. The polished wood and amber contribute a subtle waxy feel. I wish the vanilla cream was less airy and milkier, but that's personal preference. It's definitely Shunga/Vulva-esque and I can't decide if I enjoy this enough to acquire more. Longevity 4+ hrs

I was here for the vanilla, wood, and buttercream. What I got was gobs of lotus bubblegum stuck underneath a wooden table with a few buttercream frosting fingerprints atop the surface. The hardwood is so subtle that it's difficult to tell what type it is, but I don't think it's oak. Virtually no throw, and I didn't notice any resins until late drydown. I was hoping the lotus would be more of a background note, so this isn't for me.