Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Silvertree

The Library is Haunted

A dolorous mélange of myrrh, crypt moss, soil, faded funereal incense,

pallid balsam, decaying parchment, and cracked leather.

This is my newest obsession! In the bottle it is very strong dirt and moss with an undercurrent of something sweet and delicious, mainly the incense, myrrh and leather.  I never picked up on the balsam or parchment. Wet it is very, very dirty, like I’ve been digging in fresh soil. But when it dries? That’s when the magic happens. It does a complete 180 and all of that deliciousness that was hiding behind the dirt comes forward and takes over and the soil steps way back and just adds little pops of earthiness every now and then. I absolutely adore this and I’m so glad I blind bought a full sized bottle!

A less intense, less bold Believe. Very enjoyable dirt, leather and myrrh notes that all work really harmoniously with each other for that forlorn, lost feeling. If Believe is the act of rising, of becoming, then Library is Haunted is the midnight twin. Soft, pallid, sweet, a little gritty with the leather, but overall incredibly wearable and well blended. The cypress adds a bit of fresh air zing in the opening hour or so, but I don't get much paper. I don't need a full size because Believe takes care of me for that insane dirt/wood combo, but if Believe is not your thing or is OOS, this is a wonderful, gentle alternative. You could wear this at work!

Wet: Sweet soil and incense.

Dry: Hauntingly sweet soil, with incense and leather. 

It's nice but not really my thing, though I prefer this over the previous version!