Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This one pops: bubble gum and translucent white musk,

sugar syrup, pink lime, and milky mango juice.

This one really does open with a pop of bubblegum. It's a very realistic pink bubblegum where you can even smell the white powder on the outside of it. Then the other notes join the party and take it out of intense bubblegum territory. The white musk and lime add some nice effervescence and lift to the scent, and the mango goes from lingering in the background, to vying for dominance, to slinking back into a side role. The sugar syrup adds more non-bubblegum sweetness to a scent that ends up settling into a sugary lime and mango-infused sugary concoction. But the fruit notes prevent this from being too sugary, if that is something that worries you.

The Pride Monster version of Drag on a Slime is very different from the original. They both have lime, and both scream pink at some points, but they are different enough that you could get away with owning both. I prefer the original because I really love the Lab's guava, but this one is really nice as well. :) 

Wet, this is overwhelmingly bubblegum, like opening an entire pack of Bubble Yum and shoving it into your mouth all at once. The bubblegum settles down pretty quickly, but it's still present. It becomes mostly about the milky mango juice. The mango is less milk and more juice, but it does have a kind of creaminess to it. It reminds me of Gentle Hands from this year's Shungas. The sugar syrup is also pretty strong, but I also don't think it makes this overwhelmingly sweet. The lime is more of a background player on me, but it adds a nice zing to everything.

I smelled this in the bottle and got a little nervous because I wasn't sure I could handle the bubblegum, but it settles into something really fun and wearable. I liked Gentle Hands a lot and this is its fun-loving cousin.

OG Drag on a Slime is one of the only scents I've bought a backup bottle of - I have VERY high expectations of this version!

Wet: Bubblegum and lime! STRONG!

Dry: Less bubblegum, but I'm still getting that zesty lime and a little bit of mango now.

This is nice, but I much prefer the previous version! I'm still going to hold on to my decant, though. ;) 

Edited by donkehpoo