Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A gentle scent for peace, safety, and rest: twilit lavender bud and sweet labdanum,

hops, red benzoin, patchouli, Mysore sandalwood, and vanilla bean.

This was written on the FB group a few days ago. I stand by all that I wrote then. I truly adore this scent and wish I could bathe in it!

In the Bottle: Fizzy lavender cola

On the Skin: I get a waft of cardamom, although it's not a listed note. May be the mix of hops/labdanum? It reminds me instantly of Lights, Camera, Something being a cozy, spicy lavender scent, with supportive bourbon vanilla.

Dry down: It remains much the same. The patchouli, benzoin, and sandalwood aren't distinct notes to me but rather a harmonious, resinous humming that envelops the other notes. A truly spectacular scent.

This is 24 hours out of the mail, so take my thoughts with a grain of salt.

I tested this twice, letting the perfume settle for a day before doing so.

Slathered right before bed, this was mostly cola-like labdanum and Mysore sandalwood with lavender and a bit of vanilla.

Applied in a non-slather amount and monitored throughout the day, the labdanum and sandalwood are still standouts, but I noticed a ton of hops with the lavender, and the vanilla bloomed throughout the day. The hops make the usually flat cola from the labdanum feel like it's got some fizz to it.

I actually forgot there was patch in this and may have to do another test and update my review, but the patch in this isn't as noticeable as the patch in A Moment in Time (which also features lavender and a different vanilla and sandalwood).

If I were to compare this to another scent, I'd say it's similar to The Death Grapple, but obviously much more complex. I prefer this to that scent and may end up destashing that one in favor of this one, but I'll have to deathmatch them first to be sure.

Such a soft, calming scent. The labdanum has a thick, resiny sweetness. I can barely pull out the sandalwood, I think the patch is melding in with the labdanum. Over the top I get the lavender and touch of the vanilla/benzoin. Warm, cozy, and incredibly comforting. 

My wordsmithing is not up to much at the moment, so: if you have a vacancy in your stash that's shaped like a Lilith release, try this.

It's Lilith-adjacent. 10 out of 10, need a backup bottle.