Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The official oath of the Anthropocene epoch! BPAL’s Embalming Fluid concoction splashed over mango, pink pineapple, coconut, and lime.

This is my first experience with the Lab's embalming fluid, though I've tried the original Dodo before. I don't know how this compares to other embalming fluid scents, but this scent I'd describe as a light, almost atmospheric, fruit juice scent. I'm getting the pineapple the most, and can just barely pick out the mango and lime. I'm getting almost a cotton or fabric like note from the embalming fluid part, which softens the fruit notes. I'm reminded of a fruit juice soaked napkin. And while I do mean that in a flattering way, I prefer the original Dodo.

I enjoy Embalming Fluid, but not The Dodo -- I think that the red musk and the agarwood in that scent combine with the fruit notes to smell like rotting trash on me. So this is the perfect hybrid of the two scents for me, because it doesn't contain every note from The Dodo and just borrows its mango for this Embalming Fluid variant.

Great Embalming Dodo starts off strongest on the pineapple on me, but then the mango overtakes it (and it's not a super ripe or juicy one), and then, the coconut. The coconut in here is not a foodie variety and falls more into the beach-y coconut camp, yet never becomes intolerable for someone who is typically coconut averse. There is a squeeze of lime that is more prominent later on in wear than me, but it is never as strong as the other fruit notes. These notes all reside on Embalming Fluid's lemony green tea base, and make a lovely fruit-spiked Embalming Fluid for the summer months.

At the moment, I'm not sure if I need a whole bottle, but I'll retest it before it goes away to be sure. In any case, the decant is certainly a keeper!

Wet: like a mango mimosa without the bubbles.

Dry: I get more lime, coconut and pineapple. Heavier and richer than your straight embalming fluid. A lovely summery fruit cocktail that isn't dominated by coconut.

I don't smell the OG Embalming Fluid in this one, but it's a yummy, sweet, tropical fruit cocktail on my skin.  The pineapple and coconut are strongest on me, but I can pick out the mango and lime, making the scent more interesting.  A pina colada with a hint of mango and a generous squish of tart lime.  I usually dislike pineapple (acidic and sharply sour), but the coconut mellows it out with creamy, rich sweetness and the mango and lime are fun and unique.  I want to wear this on a beach somewhere...