Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A drug-induced vision of grabby, gore-slicked tentacles erupting from a facade of thick buttercream and lemon sponge soaked in cherry-flavored goo.

2 hour trajectory as follows :

cherry lemon cake (yum! ) > cherry buttercream cake with a dab of lemon > cakey buttercream with a dab of cherry > vaguely fruity buttercream > indeterminate foody sweetness

this kind of purely foody blend just doesn't generally last long on me without some kind of non-foody anchor, but this is a fun and delicious confection. if these notes appeal to you you'll probably love it!

From the very beginning this one has been a real head-scratcher for me. In the bottle I get that nice foodie cherry scent full blast, floating up on a cloud of cake. Like perhaps there's a hint of citrus there at first, but I'm just blurring it into the tartness of the cherry? It totally smells like some kind of syrup that you can drink.

On the skin the cake warms up and I can detect a separate buttercream note, thick and oleaginous. The cake reminds me of the note from Pink Lovebird! And the lemon sharpens quite a bit, actually pushing cherry to the side and making it less syrupy. So yes, overall it's a frosted lemon cake with a layer of cherry filling, just yeasty enough to impart that risen quality; a grownup palate dessert, not a kid-palate one. Although, some might associate this combination of scents with opening a box of fruity cereal? But my eyes read "cake," so my nose says cake.

It doesn't smell ominous! I kept waiting to see if something dark and unbidden would spring forth from the center of this scent, and at times I psych myself out and think I detect something more sinister emerging (like an oudh?) but I'm pretty sure it's just cake.

This one was a bitter lemon cherry candy scent at first. A bit tart not sweet. I was hoping the “sponge” would sweeten it up but it never really does. It’s very light on that. It’s a fruity fun smell but not cakey enough for me. Low throw and staying power. Love the name and creepy label. 

This was a blind bottle for me. I love cherry. I love lemon. I love cake. So it was a no-brainer.

This starts off with some black cherry (that smells like if someone had made a black cherry compote) over some lemon cake, but the cherry quickly gives way to the lemon and it becomes more of a sugary, creamy lemon scent that's less cake-like, swirled with some cherry. I really wish the cherry had stayed as strong as it was initially, as I'm a cherry ho, but since I'm also a lemon lover, the scent is still a keeper.

Now I want to make a cake like this.