Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

The Solitude of Springtime

This goes on apple forward with a bit of cherry blossom and muguet discernable in the background. As it drys the white musk and pear make an appearance briefly. An hour later and I can only smell a vague sweet apple and white musk when I put my nose right up to it. My husband said apple soap when I asked him his impressions as it was drying.

This starts off as a fruity floral and then becomes a predominantly floral scent. The lily is the star here, not the cherry blossom, and it's accompanied by lots of apple and pear in the beginning as well as some green from the grass, but it ends up settling down into a non-heady, non-soapy lily scent on me.

Obviously, skin chemistry is everything, but if you're a cherry blossom hunter wondering which cherry blossom scent you should grab from this update, you might have better luck with a Cluster of Cherry Blossoms (provided you can wear honey notes).

I preferred this scent in the wet stage, even though I'm not big on fruity florals, but it's not something I need more of since I already have Tiger Lily for when I want to wear a lily-dominant scent.

A fresh apple scent that's on the floral and greenery side. The golden apple is the strongest on me, and I would describe it as golden, as opposed to a green or red apple. The pear plays a supporting role, adding to the freshness of the apple. The muguet, cherry blossoms, and white musk blend together to make more of a pale floral musk on me. And I don't get grass at all, rather more of a fresh, dewy greenery note to the scent. Overall, I get a picture of picking an apple straight from the tree and taking a bite, with well watered, flowering trees in the background. 

Solitude in Spring time starts out with alot of golden apple and pear on initial application. The apple is golden and warm and the pear brings a sweetness.

After the initial dry down phase the fruit settles down and let's the dewy lily take the spotlight, backed up by some delicate cherry blossom. The fruit brings a sweetness and stops the lily from becoming high pitched. The cherry blossom seems to hide behind the lily but I can still smell it adding an overall floral softness. I can also smell the white musk in the background.

After an hour or so of wear time I get more cherry blossom, white musk and pear. The lily has settled into the scent.

My overall scent impressions are that this is a dewy, soft, pale pink floral backed by the fruits . I think that the lily, dew covered grass, apple and pear are the more dominant notes here. The cherry blossom and white musk come out with longer wear time. It's a feminine and slightly perfumey scent, that suits its name.

I want to love apple scents, but they so often remind me of air freshener, and this one is very air freshener to me.  The floral and white musk give the apple some sharp and soapy undertones.  Very strong, but I had to scrub it off, because it made me feel like I spritzed myself with some apple blossomy Febreze.