Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sookster

People of the Labyrinth - Luctor et Emergo

Help please....

I love People of the Labyrinths fragrance....Tell me there is bpal blend you've

tried that is similar....maybe? hopefully??

descrip here:

Luctor et Emergo is like nothing you've ever smelled before. A blend of sweet and resinous incense, soft vanilla, woods and a whiff of transparent cherry in the beginning, we also smell almonds in the mix, creating a delicious mixture of cherried marzipan offset by very dry wood and otherworldly incense that lasts for hours.

Edited by ivyandpeony
slight title tweak to enhance searchability

Hey, Sookster....depending on which formulation you like, either the EDT or the EDP, the closest I've found in BPAL is "O". It wears similar to the EDT version of POTL because I don't get alot of the almond or marzipan from the EDT version. As for the EDP version of POTL (this is much more rounded than the EDT version and just richer in the vanilla, almost and cherry/marzipan finish), no I haven't had any luck with finding a close match in BPAL. Its not for lack of trying, though!! :P

Help please....

descrip here:

Luctor et Emergo is like nothing you've ever smelled before. A blend of sweet and resinous incense, soft vanilla, woods and a whiff of transparent cherry in the beginning, we also smell almonds in the mix, creating a delicious mixture of cherried marzipan offset by very dry wood and otherworldly incense that lasts for hours.

thanks for helping...hmmmmmm.....

I have the tiniest amount of the EDP ... when I wear it I get a lot of

sweet marzipan, touch of cherry and all that gorgeous incense....darn it....

if they would just elaborate a bit more as to what those incensey ingredients

were I could just buy a bunch of bpal and mix it all up to try to "mimic"

the scent.... :P

I got a sample of POTL (the EDP - which does have a lot of marzipan/almond/cherry on me - never tried the EDT) from a generous forumite.

Granted everyone's chemistry varies, but on me, this is very close to Bpal's Horn of Plenty.

Sometimes they stay very nearly identical (I've worn both at the same time to test this.) At times the POTL gets more incensey and is reminiscent of the drydown of Snake Oil.

So try Horn of Plenty! And maybe a layering experiment with Snake Oil.

(oh and PS - I actually like Horn of Plenty BETTER than POTL!)

Edited by wolfie13

I've only tried the Bathed and Infused version, but it's a dead ringer for the Red Queen:

Deep mahogany and rich, velvety woods lacquered with sweet, black-red cherries and currant.

They smell almost exactly the same.

I luuuuvvv POTL, and have made what I think is a pretty good dupe. I layer O with Dana O'Shee. The Dana gives it that marzipan note that I love so much, while the O gives it that nice vanilla-y amber.

I also think that Snake Oil is slightly reminiscent of it. I wonder if layering it with Dana would give it that POTL yumminess??

how about Dana O'Shee, Snake Oil and the slightest dab of Aureus. Aureus to provide that touch of wood that's otherwise missing and tone down the sweetness just a notch.

how about Dana O'Shee, Snake Oil and the slightest dab of Aureus. Aureus to provide that touch of wood that's otherwise missing and tone down the sweetness just a notch.

well i have imps of dana and snake oil...so all i need now is an imp of aureus to see if

i could make it......

hmmmm....i wonder if a dab of

hunger might work as well..........

I've been wearing this combination all day - Snake Oil, Dana O'Shee, dab of Aureus. It's beautful! O doesn't work for me - the honey, but Dana is great. My POLT vial is almost gone, but I swear this is pretty close. Not sure if its the EDT or EDP (proly EDT) but the layering smells great! I'm tempted to try a mixing experiment...

thanks to all of your input, i finally came up with my very own dupe using

1 drop snake charmer, 1 drop dana o'shee, 1/2 drop of the red queen!!!!!

amazing!!!!!!

i couldn't have done it without you guys....

:P

ok so i "thought" that i had created a pretty

darned fabby dupe of POTL (see above post)

but by the grace of higher powers i have finally perfected it :D

yes, i am simply mad about POTL and

just had to have the perfect dupe ala bpal blends.....

my recipe:

1 ml - smut

1 ml - dragon's milk

1 ml - midnight mass

3/4 ml - cathedral

1/2 ml - kyoto

i put a cool label on my bottle of the tokidoki heart and crossbone design....

i am just thrilled i have done it, albeit, smut and midnight mass are LEs.....

I'm crazy about POTL too and I am wearing a mixture today that smells, on me, very similar:

1 drop The Lion

1 drop Snake Oil

dab of Maenad

ok so i "thought" that i had created a pretty

darned fabby dupe of POTL (see above post)

but by the grace of higher powers i have finally perfected it :D

yes, i am simply mad about POTL and

just had to have the perfect dupe ala bpal blends.....

my recipe:

1 ml - smut

1 ml - dragon's milk

1 ml - midnight mass

3/4 ml - cathedral

1/2 ml - kyoto

<snip>

sookster - thanks for posting this! it's been a while since I tried POTL but I mixed this up a couple nights ago - AMAZING! :P It smells sooooo good!

my pleasure and i am so happy you enjoyed this combo!!

my home-done 5ml of this is about 1/2 gone but still smells amazing

and oh so

similar to the original POTL :P

I just wanted to chime in that this smells fabulous!! (thank you thank you :P ). I have never tried POTL but I had these blends around and an empty pretty bottle so I decided to try it. It's lovely and lasts forever on my skin. I will definitely have to whip up some more when I run out (if I can find more Midnight Mass, lol, I'm running low...)

I ended up hunting down a bottle of Midnight Mass just so I could make this blend in the future. It's so delicious!

Help please....

descrip here:

LOL. I've so perfected this. :P

Possets' Ghost Fart + A dab of Snake Oil + A dab of Dana O'Shee + the most itty-bitty quantity of Arcana's Holy Terror or BPAL's Midnight Mass. Yep. Luctor et Emergo, right there. Mostly it's in the Ghost Fart, though. That's the base, and then you can find your woody/incensey dry-down smell based on what works for you.

ETA: If you're looking for a BPAL base that's comparable, maybe Snow White would work, but only if you get minimal floral action on it. The creamy almondy marzipan scent is what makes it similar to both Ghost Fart and Luctor et Emergo.

Edited by tamburlaine