sexy swapper

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • Mood:confused
  • Rooster
  • Scorpio
  • United States

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:18 AM

Kindness begets kindness. Holy hyssop, red apple, massoia bark, and pomegranate with eight different types of honey that represent the sweetness of life and new beginnings.

In the bottle: Tangy sweet honey, with a nice fruity warmth beneath.

Wet: Pom and honey. It is warmer than expected, very sweet almost like sticky candy, but with a deliciously complex aspect for something that appears so sweet.

Half an hour: Soft, incredibly beautiful honey with some wood beneath. I was afraid for the red apple note, which is sometimes too Yankee Candle for me, but it's either not present or blending in seamlessly. I hope it stays like this!

Two hours: Remarkably soft sweet honey, well balanced so it's not sugary or cloying or heady. I love this.

Five hours: Stayed true, but light. Mostly gone now. I wonder if this would be a good cosmetic scent? The early honey note is so wonderful!

I wound up acquiring several bottles of this; it is my go-to honey scent.

#27 fufu_berry

fufu_berry

evil enabler

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Rabbit
  • Scorpio
  • United States

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

Unbearably sour. I have a really strong negative reaction to sour fruits - I can't eat strawberries or green apples at all (weirdly, I don't have this problem with sour citrus, and have been known to eat limes out of hand), and MGM smells like a green apple Jolly Rancher with just a smidge of honey. No good for me.

#28 Anne M.69

Anne M.69

sexy swapper

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Nothing Selected
  • Aquarius
  • Australia

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

It's lovely on me :wub2: I mainly get a beeswax note, like Candles Moon, but with more sweetness and a couple of fruit notes, which make it mouthwatering. I can also smell the spice of frankincense. I put it on more than 13 hours ago, and it hasn't changed at all, except to become a deeper scent than at first.

#29 Gwydion

Gwydion

Scent Dragon

• Members
  • 18,637 posts
  • SotD:Mother Shub's Pfancy Pfefferneusse
  • Rooster
  • Libra
  • United States

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:17 AM

In bottle: How did I miss this had massoia in it when I read the desc?  (facepalm)  Let’s see if it tries to close my throat.  It smells lovely, honey sweet with hyssop and a touch of massoia in support.  The apple and pomegranate both pop bright and clear out of the slightly medicinal honey.  I really like it, but my throat itches, so no skin test.

#30 Darkersolstice

Darkersolstice

lil stinker

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • SotD:13 (April 2018)
  • Nothing Selected
  • Nothing Selected
  • United States

Posted 23 April 2018 - 07:53 PM

Nitpicks before I get into my review:

1. This should have been released in fall for Rosh Hashanah, rather than as a Yule.

2. The translation "kindness begets kindness" really misses the mark of what 'mitzvah' means. If I were translating, I'd go for something akin to "One good deed leads to another".

That said, this is a lovely soft and mildly 'perfumey' scent, fruity and light. The eight honeys don't run cloying on this blend--it's no Fool's Tranquility--but they mellow everything out. When first applied, this one ran a bit sharp on me, and I was worried it'd be a scrubber. Something in the apple or pomegranate was tart in an offputting way, but by the time I got off the train and into the office (maybe an hour of drydown), it smoothed out wonderfully.

This is not something I'd reach for on a cold day. It's a springy scent, despite the fact that I feel it's very Rosh Hashanah-esque, putting a little extra float in my step all day.

#31 ramblingrambler

ramblingrambler

a little too imp-ulsive

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Ox
  • Virgo
  • United States

Posted 16 May 2018 - 03:36 PM

This has aged well over the years I’ve had it. Typically I’m not an apple fan, but wet is the only time I really smell APPLE. Dry, it becomes a honeyed fruit—the platonic ideal of apple is in there somewhere, but the honey stands out most. I appreciate its softness in all aspects: this is definitely “kindness” in a bottle.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users