Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Up the Stairs We’ll Dance the Tango

Black cherry with honey and spice. I can't pick out the fig. And the red currant in the scent is more of a warm spice on me. Overall, I would describe this as a cherry mulled wine. The black cherry keeps it fresh and juicy, while having a noticeable fall/winter sweet spice edge to the scent.

I initially passed over this due to the fig, but then the above review made me want to try it, and a very kind forumite sent me a tester!

This is indeed very strong on the black cherry. I get the red currant in the musk only briefly when first applied, and then it becomes a black cherry and fig party. The fig in this is super dark. Like, I kept thinking that there might be some stealth patchouli in it because it is so earthy. And it remained primarily a black cherry and fig scent throughout wear. I think the musk probably helped to ground the cherry so that it wouldn't be so fleeting, but it's not a main player like Cherry Red's red musk.

I really love the cherry in this, but that dark fig note is so strong and earthy! I do think you have to love fig to love this one, as the fig is what is keeping me from loving it (even though the cherry is so damn good). 

I wish I had the fig-less experience of the above reviewer! I'm going to retest this before it goes away to see if the fig has calmed down at all (too bad it is not the fig from Dead Leaves, Vanilla Bean, Pink Fig, and Brandied Dates!).

Thank you to the lovely forumite who decanted from their decant so that I could try this (I know how much of a pain in the ass that is -- you are so appreciated!). :heart: 

Trying a lot of boozy, and cherry scents tonight, so i may be going a bit blind to it, but this is a darker cherry, purpled nurpled by the fig, dribbled- nay, gooped in honey, sexied up by the red musk. There is indeed a slight spice to it, adding to the ...lustness of this 'fume.