Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

In Silvery Accents, Whispering Low

It's interesting because I have a decant of this and a bottle and they smell slightly different.

The decant is all cardamom, myrrh, and fir and no coffee scent at all. The bottle adds an almost chocolatey coffee bean. I'm not really getting the Morocco vibes that other people have mentioned- which is good for me because Morocco gives me a headache. I liked this enough to grab a half bottle but the one thing that stopped me from getting a full is that it doesn't last as long as I'd like it to. But while it's here it's really nice.

I mostly get richly spiced coffee with a bit of a chocolate-y note - not quite enough to be a full-on mocha, but tempering the coffee. I don't really get fir or smoke at all, which is fine - it's a nice cozy warm scent as is, good for cold weather! And I love the label. 🙂

Ugh, I love this. It somehow feels like being enveloped in a rich dark chocolate hug without being a chocolate scent at all, there's a kind of thickness to it. The spices are Morocco-like, but I wouldn't say this really reminds me of Morocco overall. The spicy coffee bean hits first, then the myrrh smoke, and finally the fir. One of the most well-behaved evergreens I've encountered, it lingers in the background and I have to inhale deeply to get the whole tree. A northern comfort.