Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A vibrant, hypnotic blend of tangerine, lime, elderflower, orange blossom, red currant, and raspberry slicing through white musk, jacaranda, and crystalline vanilla.

This is one of those times I wish someone else were doing the first review.

This arrived on Saturday, and I tried it yesterday and today and had the same result. It starts off strong on the tangerine and lime plopped into a vat of white musk, with a hint of the currant. It has more of a citrus peel infused in white musk vibe than a juicy citrus vibe to me. The elderflower comes out more over time, as does the orange blossom. I have no idea what jacaranda smells like, but Google says it is a flower. There's an unfortunate undertone of wet dog that I get after an hour or so on the skin (that doesn't stick around), and I'm not sure if it is the jacaranda or something clashing with something else on my skin. After that, there's a citrus and floral-infused dryer sheets phase. And after that, it settles into a somewhat high-pitched mainstream type of perfume, which I think has to be the orange blossom, elderflower, and what must be the jacaranda note mingling with the crystalline aspect of the vanilla (the vanilla itself is not noticeable on my skin) and the musk.

I was really hoping this would be a delightful citrus explosion, but it's not as citrus-heavy as I like, and my skin chemistry didn't do it justice (orange blossom is an iffy note for me). But I think that those who enjoy the more mainstream-leaning scents might appreciate this.

TANGERINE, screaming in my face out of the bottle. While it's wet there isn't really any dimension on my skin. 

On drydown, though, I get a lot more. The line and vanilla come out, and something floral. I don't think the floral is the orange blossom, it's much creamier than orange blossom is. 

I don't get any of the other fruits, but that could just be because there's a lot going on, so my nose is a bit confused. 

I was hoping the tangerine wouldn't be quite this strong with all of the other notes listed, alas this is a citrus bomb. Great if you like that! I'm unfortunately not on that boat. 

I'm going to let this rest for a few more weeks and then try it out again. Overall it is pretty, but I agree with the above poster, it is much more mainstream than I would typically like. 

Lime, tangerine, and red currant pops over sophisticated florals. This one is a complex, very light citrus perfume. Medium throw and wear length.