Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Cacao, Cinnamon Bark, and Honey

This one is a bit unexpected.  It starts off on the skin as dry coconut husk that reminds me of Eden.  I was concerned that the cinnamon would be too dry, but it played nicely.  Thick, rich, dark honey.  You can get the cocoa, but it mostly adds depth and texture to the honey.  Oddly, though, it really doesn't feel 'foody'.  It has that kind of richness that you get from some arabic attars or ouds, where you can pick the gourmand notes but they are blended in such a way that it becomes a strong, heady perfume.  The honey is almost too dark and heavy for me, but it's still wearable.  The drydown actually reminds me of Hellcat, but it's nowhere near as foody.

A delicious wet cocoa in the bottle and on application. There’s a tiny bit of extra sweetness which might be the honey. Some cinnamon coming in on top as it starts to dry. The cocoa fades as it dries completely, to my astonishment, becoming more of a dry cinnamon with a faint honey underneath.

Warm cocoa with a powdering of quite dry cinnamon, sweetened with dark honey, almost like a buckwheat honey. 

This is pleasant, but it's quite heavy with sweetness, and somehow also bristle-dry. When it first came out, I assumed I would want a bottle and threw it in my cart, but resolved to try a decant first. And I'm really going to enjoy this decant, but now that I have it, its qualities are sitting a bit strangely with me, so I may not upgrade.

Seems a lot of these foodie "long list of notes" scents don't get the attention they deserve. I'm new at describing scents, so bear with me as I try to do anything but relist the notes. Something that strikes me about this one is that it morphs quickly and fades quickly, but the first "hit" is SO good that I'm considering getting a bottle just so I can keep applying that first note over and over, haha.

In the bottle: odd and pinchy. nothing like what it smells like wet (and it's not just my skin, it smells different wet even if you put it on an object). I wouldn't smell this in the bottle and try to conclude anything about it.

Wet: strong chocolate and a moderate amount of honey (maybe the womb furie honey/ies? something deep). I don't smell much cinnamon.

Drydown: Miiiild cinnamon and honey.

On me, not great wear, medium throw length. I don't care, I still love this.

Edited by vanilla_fiend