Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Roll the Old Chariot

Right off the top - butter rum lifesavers! YUM! Herbal/woody notes from the oak planks creep in next. Then the iron starts showing itself, which added a little metallic tang. Not usually an effect I look for, but I liked it here. Blended with the brandy & rum to have an almost tropical effect, fruity, reminds me of a pineapple cocktail, but with that solid iron keeping it from being too foodie. 

Lower throw once the rum mellows out. Tested from a decant that rested a day.

Herby woody iron, with a whiff of booze. It's definitely metallic on the drydown. I feel like I am smelling something like fennel and coriander in it. Again, veering into masculine territory on me. Good throw and wear length.

Pretty much agree with what's been said. There's the nice woody oak with some metallic tang of iron and some lightly spiced sweetness from the brandy and rum. It blends really well and gives a masculine beach vibe. 

The oak has a dark, hard wood scent and the brandy and spiced rum smell like caramelized booze (butterscotch-ish) and cinnamon on me.  The iron is a sharp, metallic cologne edge in the drydown.  I love these idealized pirate scents, but Leave Her Johnny is my favorite for a sweetened, woody, masculine leaning pirate scent.  This one is a little too spicy for me and much simpler.