Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Malevolent Visions

Blood orchid, ylang ylang, bourbon vanilla absolute, rose cream, frankincense, pink pepper, clove, and opium tar accord

This beauty arrived in the mail today! I did not give it much time to settle but no matter... it’s glorious. 
In the bottle, the first thing to hit my nose is the frankincense, then the pink pepper and I think the opium. Wet on the skin, it reads as more floral and then as it dries down you can pick out the rose and clove. Now that’s it’s been on a few minutes, the clove and florals start to blend together beautifully an it gets creamier. I love pink peppercorn and that remains a top note so far. I can tell this is going to age nicely. Damn, nice job!!!

Edited by Madame Mew
spelling

Rose cream, opium, pink pepper, and clove and whiffs of orchid on the drydown. This is a dark, slinky rose-orchid blend. It smells nostalgic and dark at the same time. Like an old-timey perfume used by a vampire. Good throw and wear length.

The rose, pink pepper (the same one found in High-Strung Daisies), and sweet opium are what I smell at first, backed by some orchid. The cream part of the rose cream emerges after a bit, but the opium and pink pepper end up being the main players on me, with the orchid becoming more noticeable over time, but never overtaking the powerhouse that is the opium note. I also get some clove after a while, lurking behind the opium.

Fans of the Lab's opium accord should love this one. I like this one more than I thought I would based on the notes!

Edited by doomsday_disco

This is beautifully sharp and provocative when initially applied. A very multifaceted scent for the first 30 minutes. Then as it dries down the vanilla and rose cream step forward, to comfort you as you wake up from a bad dream. It's a subtle rose, and the pink pepper and other florals float around the periphery. I never get the clove from this, and I wish I could hang out in the first phase of the scent longer.