Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Cypress, Eucalyptus & Birch Tar

This is nice, cool, and refreshing! It starts off strongest on the cypress, but then the eucalyptus ends up being the dominant note, backed by the cypress and birch tar. It's much more cool and wintery than Peppermint and Pine and would be a great pick me up when you're ill or need something to help survive the heat during the summer months. While it is somewhat bracing in the beginning, the eucalyptus softens so that the end result is less Vicks Vapor Rub and more like the smooth eucalyptus from scents like Odic Force and Recharging Station Bath Oil. 

I'm definitely going to be hanging on to my decant, but I'm debating whether or not I need a full bottle. I feel like it's not something I'd wear as a perfume often enough to warrant a full bottle, but having more than a decant would be great for the situations described above... and I do like it more than Eucalyptus, White Mint, and Lemon Peel, which goes cologne-y on me after a while. Hmm. Decisions, decisions!

ETA: Found a partial. :) 

Edited by doomsday_disco

A real morpher! In the bottle: A blast of eucalyptus and evergreen, with a sweet birch soda note (yes birch soda is A Thing). On, wet: Birch soda note rushes to the front of the line! Drydown: Dries down quickly to an oddly tame scent; really just dry cypress wood with a tiny hint of spice from the birch soda. Wish this lasted longer on! 

Cool eucalyptus and a whiff of evergreen. It dries down to a faint birch soda and evergreen note. Good throw on wet, and then very low throw. Low wear length.