Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Pandora

Charming, mischevious, and ultimately chaotic! An aromatic paen to discord. Lotus and gardenia spiked with mint.

In the imp: Sweet minty lotus.

On my skin: This continues to be a love affair of mint and lotus for the most part. Gardenia is skulking in the background waiting for a chance to shine in this. Marshall says this smells like children's cough syrup, but I'm enjoying this one a lot. A shame since it's discontinued. :/

Later on: While the mint has died down some, the lotus is still keeping things sweet and the gardenia is finally starting to come forward a bit. It's actually become a bit smoky on me. Very nice indeed.

Pandora - When first applied, all I smell is mint. It’s a sweet, pretty mint – but it’s still mint, which is a scent I don’t care so much to wear on my body. As the blend dries on my skin, the mint does not fade, but recedes a bit to reveal a pretty floral scent underneath. It’s impossible to identify the floral note(s), but it’s rich and heady, yet it’s simultaneously soft and feminine. It’s a perfectly fine blend, but due to the mint, it’s just not for me. It only lasts a couple of hours on my skin, as well, before it fades away completely.

In the bottle: A tangy mint with floral.

Initial impression: The mint is that kind of mint that makes me nose tingle. I don't want to get too close to my wrist. There's a slightly sweet bubblegummy scent to it as well, which is what lotus usually does on me.

Drying: It starts to go a little funky. The mint fades out a little so it's not quite as bold, and something not altogether pleasant is now noticeable. Kind of a pungent note. Normally gardenia is really strong on me, and I can usually recognize it. It's a bit distorted because of the mint, but I think it's the mint/gardenia combination that's misbehaving.

Dry: Hmmm. I don't usually like mint, and lotus and gardenia are both iffy. I'm always willing to try anything, though -- many times Beth surprises me. But with this one, it's just not working for me.

on first application this reminds me of Spooky--the mint really opens my senses. but the floral notes quickly make their presence known--i only recently traded gardenia SN and i recognize it immediately. surprisingly enough the lotus isn't ruining this for me, it's fresh and clean.

pretty enough, but i'll stick to my spooky.

Uh yeah. I have no idea what made me think this might possibly work. Lotus, my evil fiend, is there in all her bubblegum gloriousness. I would say it's slightly minty. Which just makes it minty bubblegum sticky sweetness. Except after an hour, the gardenia makes an appearance - and she smells like wet wool. So now I have bubblegum on a wet wool sweater.

So. Not. Lovely. On. Me.

SAAAD.

780892168_bWaMg-Ti.jpg

Sooooooo sad: the mint in this prevented me from even putting any on; when I carefully opened the decant (so kindly sent me by a fellow forumite as a frimp), the mint blasted forth like an armed missile and attacked my nose. This decant has been passed along to someone who might appreciate it more than I. :( Edited by stellans