Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Midnight Bonfire Ween

Lighting the path between worlds, the beacon at the threshold: night-blooming jasmine, smoldering maple leaves, a cluster of patchouli and blackened ti leaf, black sage, and pinewood smoke.

Wet, I get sweet yellow jasmine and smoke, quite strong and realistic, like walking past a bonfire in a blooming southern garden. The tea and leaf note add a twang together like the night air,  the smoke quickly softening in the background. I love the patchouli and sage drydown...it somehow reminds me of a dark cousin of Fae...sitting close and creamy, yet fresh on the skin. It's a lovely floriental, perfect for the end of summer when it's hot and I want to keep that just-out-of-the-shower feeling but also want something kind of spooky... or when I want a temporay lift  from the gooey depths I do so generally love in perfume! 

MBW you had me at jasmine + smoke. The jasmine note is in my face right off the bat, and also the smoldering leaves and pinewood smoke.  I’m not really picking out the patchouli or sage. Honestly I could do with a whole line of smoked floral blends after getting this one.