Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Dead Leaves, White Sandalwood, and Cannabis

First?  Lucky me!

I've never tried any of the Dead Leaves scents, so this is a first for me. 

Right off the bat, I do get a quite realistic dry leaf now, like jumping into a freshly raked pile.

As it dries, I get some light sandalwood and an almost non-existent cannabis note that smells the same (but much weaker) as in Pumpkin Doob.

This is a really nice, if a little weird, fall scent.  I'm going to have to see how it ages.

In the bottle: When I first got this, I said it was equal parts cannabis and dead leaves. Now, after it rested for... a day?... dead leaves is the dominant note in the bottle. Sometimes the dead leaves note has the tendency to go funky in my nose (even taking skin chemistry out of the equation), but it's really authentic here. 

On my skin:

Wet, so much weed is happening. There's also a little bit of green bell pepper going on as well as some... dish soap?... as the notes try to sort themselves out on my skin. As it dries, the craziness settles, though the dead leaves becomes the dominant note on my skin. It's backed by the grounding of the sandalwood and just a touch of sweet cannabis smoke. 

Once developed, it's a lot of dead leaves and very little cannabis. The sandalwood grounds the dead leaves beautifully, there's just a touch of smoke, and a tinier touch of sweetness that is not really identifiable to me as cannabis but rather a gentle softening of the dead leaves' bite. 

This is quite a nice scent, but I was hoping for a weedier showcase. ;)

Green dead leaves and pot. This smells like pot to me. It's not unpleasant, but it definitely smells like pot. So green dead leaves and pot buds. Very green. Good throw and wear length.

This has a bright lemony tinge at first... weird, but I think it is somehow the sharpness of the combo of each of the notes forming a strong top note. It dries down slowly to a more cologne note but still bright, sharp, and lemon. Huh. A rare miss for me! Decant will suffice. 

First impression: A very 'perfumey' scent. I can see why some would describe it as 'lemony', but I think what I detect most is leaves and sandalwood. I don't get any cannabis. :(

Upon application: A brief puff of the perfumey aroma and then...nothing. It fades really fast and my skin eats it.