Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Dead Leaves, Marshmallow, and Pistachio Cream

When I first got this and let it sit for a few days before testing, it was HARSH from the bottle. A little less harsh when wet on skin and wear down, and it was not a great first go at a Dead Leaves blend. I didn't expect this to be so perfumey, it was weird. Perfumey leaves, and it stays that way for a little while before I could get any marshmallow or pistachio or cream. There was a super subtle creaminess but barely there.

Fast-forward to now, months and months later, about nine months: Still perfumey leaves but it's mellowed out! It's much less in your face and the marshmallow and cream have come out. A nutty sweetness with the leaves for a gourmand crunchy leaf experience. I'm glad I reluctantly kept this bottle, but I don't know if it'll get all the love it deserves. Decent throw and wear time.

Took a chance on this because dead Leaves scents haven’t worked for me in the past but I’m so glad I did. This is mostly delicious pistachio cream and marshmallow on me. I barely get leaves. It may be a tiny bit of warmth being added but not hard spice, or rotten leaves. It’s so comforting too. I find I’m sniffing myself all day when I need to relax. Not the biggest throw but definitely stayed on the skin a long time! So good! 😋

Dead leaves! Dead leaves. Sometimes they work for me and sometimes they don't. What else is there to say. This is a mellow variation (a mallow variation!). It's warm and soft and nutty, with a touch of sweetness and a dash of leaves. Really lovely scent.