Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  

Why did I get this?  I hate rose.  I hate florals, but roses are especially big offenders.  And yet when I saw the other two notes - ether and chloroform! - I had to try.

At first PoD is a very fresh rose bouquet, like waking into a florist's shop.  Then it transitions very quickly into a slightly more powdery rose with something somewhat sickly sweet that I can almost taste it in the back of my throat (the ether) and a tiny touch of something almost chemical (the chloroform).

The anaesthetic notes make me think of an old-fashioned dentist's office.  Being in the chair, looking at the apothecary bottles on the shelves. 

That makes it sound unwearable and weird.  Well, it is kind of weird, but not unwearable!  I'm thinking I may keep mine, actually, rose-hate be damned.

Edited by Penance

Creamy white roses. There's an ethereal quality to it, but also sort of vampy? It's definitely a more unique white rose blend than I expected. Good throw and wear length.

Holy cannoli, this is truly a depraved rose scent.  Glad I scored a bottle on Etsy.  Anyway....in the bottle:  Roses and.....something else. Tonic water?  Something vaguely chemical but not offputting.  On, wet:  Sugary rose and some kind of aldehyde/quinine?  Drydown:  Tea rose and a hint of something chemical....latex?  Anyway this is a super kinky, decadent rose.

In the Bottle: A deep, alluring smell of roses. It reminds me of the dried rose petals I use in magickal love and lust spells.

On the Skin: Same as in bottle but there's an almost minty quality in the perfume as well (maybe something in the chloroform?) It's intoxicating just like the description. I'm enjoying it and am feeling glad I impulse bought the bottle off Etsy. ❤ A chemical note then kicks in, it also reminds me of an apothecary. The chemical quality is not bad though. It adds interest to the rose. Somehow the notes smell a bit like something metallic or rust-like to me. A unique perfume that I find mysterious and sexy. It conjures an image of a gothic burlesque dancer performing in a post-apocalyptic club a la Repo! The Genetic Opera. Actually, it reminds me of the scene of Blind Mag singing Chromaggia. I want more bottles of this scent. 🖤