Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Pink Carnation, Patchouli & Frankincense

This one was a bit of a journey. In the decant, the spicy, floral carnation stands out first, with a bit of earthy patchouli. After application, the patchouli and frankincense amp up A LOT. It melds with the carnation in a way that's not only quite strong, but also reminiscent of stereotypical hippie patchouli. Over time, the patchouli calms down, and I get a softer, less spicy carnation with resinous frankincense backing it. Still, I'd probably steer clear if you have any reservations about patchouli.

Light spicy carnation and a whiff of resins and patchouli. This one is a fantastic carnation blend. It's lighter than say Hod, for example. Fresher. Less dense. Medium throw and wear length.

Wet, this is all sweet spicy carnation.  Love!  An hour later, I'm still waiting for the patch and frank to join the party.  Did I forget to send the invitations?  I'm not upset to have a pink carnation single note, but I was really hoping for the whole menage.  (I want some of puellacaerulea's hippie patchouli!)

This definitely starts off with a blast of heady pink carnation - fresh and peppery, but that soon steps aside for the patchouli to come forward. The patch ends up being the dominant note at the early stages, which I'm not mad about, but then suddenly the frankincense amps up way too much on me, adding a very lemon-y layer over the lovely carnation, which tbh I am a little mad about because I really wanted to enjoy that more than it let me.

On full dry down, this ended up being pretty much all frankincense with a hint of soft patchouli and a teensy taste of pink carnation. Bummer!