Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
jj_j

Blood Orange

When I put a dab of Blood Orange on to try it, I thought I must have gotten close to the other scent I was wearing that day. I moved to the other arm, sniffed around to be sure I wasn't going to do it again, and dabbed again.

I wasn't as careless the first time as I'd thought, and that's a wonderful thing. You see, I thought Blood Orange smelled like you'd trapped a good-smelling man inside a fabulous orange candy, and well ... that seemed a little odd. First on, there's a distinct earthen tone that fades away; sort of like the difference in a vegetable that hasn't been washed yet and the way it smells after it's been washed.

Blood oranges are much sweeter than regular oranges - kind of like putting an orange candy and a fruit punch candy in your mouth at the same time. Beth's single note dries to just that, and like most of her other single notes, there's not a hint of artificiality.

One sniff of this and you'll never be able to not tell the notes apart in Akuma. I think this is really the most distinctive of the three fruits in Akuma, and the loveliest.

I wish I had bought more of the single note while they were still out, because I'd make bath products for my three-year old with it. I'd much rather smell this in her hair than the grape kid's conditioner we use; in fact, if Beth has bath and body products some day, this would be a wonderful start to the kids' line.

Blood Orange

This is fantastic! I get a quick whiff of the tartness of the peel, but then Blood Orage dries into a beautiful sweet orange scent. It’s an almost candylike orange, like orange Pez, or the sugary center of Wonka Runts orange. I wish I would have ordered gallons of this while it was available.

In bottle: This smells almost peppery! It's bitter, not sweet like the navel oranges that I'm most familiar with. It's very sharp with only a hint of the usual sweet citrus.

On me: This sweetens considerably on the skin. The tartness is still there, but it now smells more like a fizzy orange candy. Quite nice when you're looking for something simple to wear!

I'm not usually fond of orange scents, but I liked the blood orange in Kunstkammer, so I decided to give the single note a try.

This is definitely a candied orange. Very sweet and juicy. It's not really tart or sharp like orange usually is on my skin, just sugary and kind of creamy. I like this one a lot, and it is wonderful paired with chocolately scents like Bliss :P

120602489.jpg

BPAL blends which use blood orange as one of it's ingredients:

Akuma, Haunted Palace, Kuntzkammer.

120601939.jpg

In the bottle

Smells like sex and an orange.

It's interesting that the blend is a pale gold color. I have to preface that I love oranges. Their one of my favorite scents, so consider this when reading on.

On

This is so scrummy smelling it just sends me.:P

30 minutes

Ohhh. After about an hour it's faded alot which is a pity because I need to smell something this good all the time.

Throw:

Yes

Scent category:

Fruity

Summary

It's dark, orange, and sweet.

Great in the bottle.

Great wet on skin.

Great dry.

Great dark orange smell.

Great throw.

Lasts only a bit longer than most blends. I wish it would last longer.

It's interesting that this smells almost similar to raspberry.

Purchase again?

I'd give one of my critical organs (and anything else I own) for a bottle of BPAL Blood Orange. Just throwing that out there.

1-5 rating (5 being best)

Edited by UltraViolet

Blood Orange - oh wow, I thought I love Orange SN, but Blood Orange SN beats the pants off it! It's a really bright, juicy, orange citrus, but it's much, much sweeter than regular Orange SN. It's almost sugary, like Life Savers or another Orange candy. I don't usually like scents that are so sugary-sweet, but this one is amazing because it's still so fresh and juicy and genuine. It's another truly phenomenal fruit SN. Sadly, like almost every citrus I encounter, it disappears very quickly -- within the first 45 minutes.

Alright guys, this sucker is at least 13-14 years old, so it's been aged. It's definitely orange, and on wet, its got an orange zest and orange PEZ combo, but less than what you expect. Citrus oils tend not to age well in general, less so by themselves so given how 'orangey' this is despite the age is nothing short of a blasted miracle. Definitely 1 hour after drydown, the orange has developed a slight berry undertone to it. It definitely codes as 'blood orange zest' as opposed to 'regular navel orange'. Low throw, low wear length.

The oil itself is a nice golden color.

ETA to add wear length and throw.

Edited by zankoku_zen