Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Lines Written in the Early Spring

And I must think, do all I can, that there was pleasure there: gilded golden roses, wildflower honey, lush magnolia, tuberose, peony, and clove.

I should note for science that this blend has a couple floral heavy-hitters that aren't typically my thing: magnolia and tuberose.

Despite that, it goes on fairly gentle. What I notice most is the wildflower honey, a note I love -- but even that is soft-spoken.

Alongside the floral honey, there's just a well-blended sense of golden flowers and a hint of clove.

This stays pretty soft on me. I picture a gold-gilded fence around a small garden.

Clove, honey, and roses. And a hint of tuberose. It's mainly a rose-clove and honey blend on me. Good throw and wear length.

It’s funny what the mind clings to. This blend goes on beautifully...and the there are several minutes of something unpleasant.* Things mellow out again into something very nice but I really suffered there for a bit. Bummer.

*The something unpleasant:

Spoiler

It was a cat-pee-and-wet-kitty-litter combo there for a bit. Not. Good.

Edited by Leopard403
Spelling

as a rose amper, i was very happy with this scent. the rose is very tame on me. it's very sweet and heady, with the tuberose coming to the forefront. there is def a sort of golden creaminess underneath that keep it from turning into a tuberose single note. the cloves and honey lend a slight sweetness without making themselves overly known. this is def one of my faves from the collection, a very late spring floral scent that could easily go from a daytime scent to a luxe evening scent.

Wet: Pretty! Green grass, a sweet floral that reads as honeysuckle to me, and a milky note. It dries fairly quickly into a fresh floral scent. I don't mean fresh as in aquatic or ozone. Fresh like you're holding a bouquet of just picked flowers and you inhale deeply. It's the entire flower itself, along with their crisp, green stems and the pollen still clinging to the stamen. It's mainly a light, sweet rose and heady sweet, creamy tuberose on me. I think the magnolia is keeping the tuberose in check and keeping it fresh, rather than the bubblegum type scent it can become. Throw is excellent - just a dab should do. It lasts for hours! I applied it about 7 hours ago, and it's still going strong. For the most part, the scent has remained the same throughout that time, maybe gaining a bit more sweetness, but not overly sweet or fake smelling. The honey is lending to the sweetness, but isn't a huge presence. Thankfully, it didn't become urinous on me like it apparently did for one reviewer. I never got any clove from this, but then again, I don't think I have reached the true basenotes yet. It's so long lasting that the middle notes are going past my bedtime.This is a perfect representation of spring, and is a must - have if you love florals. Fans of Alice will most likely love this one.

I didn't expect to like it as much as I do. I usually go for resinous or earthy scents. I took a chance with this one, and I don't regret it one bit.

5 out of 5 stars.

Update: This is really long lasting! I woke up this morning and could smell the clove. 18 hours after applying, I sniffed my arm and still get a faint sweet floral alongside a non spicy, warm clove. My skin tends to eat perfume, so this is just phenomenal wear time. And I still love it.

Edited by Dancing Raven
Update