Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Happy Couple Reading a Book Together

As a jasmine devotee, I adore this! Wet, it's definitely jasmine-forward with playful but mellow cucumber following close behind--an unexpected combination which works better than I ever would have imagined. It smells fresh and sophisticated, with the slightly heady, smoky jasmine and the sharpness of bergamot keeping it from being soapy. The white tea comes out only when dry for me, but it is lovely when it does appear and helps cement this scent as the perfect embodiment of library eroticism. A well-blended, versatile,  unisex scent that says "I'm freshly showered, well-read, and unapologetically naughty." 

Jasmine really can go either way on me, but when I saw cucumber listed as a note I had to get it despite my cart overflowing already.  When I first put it on I got a Jasmine Bomb and not really in a good way.  OTOH, it shifted very quickly, with the white tea note immediately stepping up to calm things down.  After a brief drydown, I'm getting the bergamot notes and some of the cucumber.  The cucumber is really the "deepest" note in this one.  Medium throw but it sits very lightly on the skin; great way of feeling like I'm outside when I'm in isolation.

White tea, jasmine, and a whiff of cucumber. This is a white tea jasmine blend, and its fresh, floral, and springlike. It's cool and breezy. Love it. Good throw and wear length.

I get strong jasmine tea, with bergamot in the background. I do not get cucumber. I was hoping for more of a citrus scent, but this is for sure a jasmine scent on me.

Oof, this is gorgeous. Alkemia used to have a jasmine tea blend called Haiku, which was really nice, but it was just missing something.

However, I might want a backup or two of Happy Couple, it's an on point jasmine tea. It goes Play-Doh for all of maybe 10-15 minutes, then quickly dries down to a beautiful floral tea with maybe a super light Earl Grey (not sharp or tannic, just fresh and light). Not much cucumber, however there is a bit of greenery in the opening and an overall cooling vibe. Perfect on a Spring or Summer day. Where Lazy Daisy failed on me (the cotton/linen note), this stepped up and worked beautifully. I wish there was a bit more bergamot, but absolutely love this just like it is. ❤️

Edit: Tried again. More of the jasmine today. I still love it but probably won't be hunting backups. I'll be okay. Still lovely.

Aged two years: the jasmine and play-doh have calmed down considerably. This legit smells like jasmine tea. Beautiful!

Edited by RoseThornAndOak