Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

We Must Love One Another Or Die

I offer you some smut and a few lines of love and longing in the hopes that we can keep our affirming flames burning during these dark and tumultuous times: white rose, muguet, white sandalwood, ambrette seed, vetiver, and smoke

This is a glorious rose blend. White roses, smoke, and sandalwood. White roses are way more mellow than red roses. It's strong, pure, and despite the smoke, resilient. This is a victory rose blend. The kind you get once you've been through hell and back. 

If you are in need of a comforting rose blend, this one delivers, while reminding you about your interconnectedness with others, the value of kindness and your own resilience, and the fact that love is not a finite resources.

Also probably a stealth TAL.

Edited by zankoku_zen

We Must Love One Another Or Die is a rose and lily blend on me.  Now I don't usually wear florals, and rose is very iffy on me, but this is a gorgeous rose that makes me hopeful that white rose is a variety I can enjoy.  After a while, I get rose, lily and sandalwood, but I was really hoping for the ambrette seed, vetiver and smoke to dirty this one up.  I'm going to hang onto my decant for the time being to see if any of those notes emerge, because they would make this scent amazing. 

In the decant, it's all soapy florals, but it develops fantastically once on. The ambrette seed, vetiver, and sandalwood amp up a ton (there's also just a faint hint of smokiness there), balancing out the white florals and creating something both comforting and sophisticated. It's probably because my skin's really amping the ambrette seed, but it reads to me like a lighter version of Wander Darkling in the Eternal Space, minus the myrrh and with more floral oomph. I might need a full bottle of this.

This is a bright, clean rose scent at first.  It's very pure smelling, sweet, and almost astringent.  After a few minutes, a warm spiciness starts to tinge a still very dominant rose.  If there's any soapiness, for me it emerges during the dry down, when the other floral comes into play.   Muguet, I'm looking at you.  O_--

It's still pleasant though, and much less soapy that I usually get from lily of the valley.  In fact, this stage settles down pretty quickly, leaving me with a soft, well balanced blending of the two florals.  The other notes lend a smoothness and maturity to the fragrance without detracting from its two main player.  I get a somber feel from this one.  It doesn't smell like an old lady, but neither is it a bright-eyed spring bouquet.  Not me, but pretty, and well worth a try to those who like lily of the valley.