Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Sad Love

Sad Love conjures its description, and reminds me of the reams of wistful short-form love poetry that emerged from the aristocratic courts of Heian-era Japan. This is the scent that some tear-stained poems from The Ink Dark Moon: Love Poems by Onono Komachi and Izumi Shikibu would carry.

Light, aquatic lotus flowers. (And no bubblegum for me.) I find no special saltiness, but find a sense of skin, like that from a skin musk. There's an early touch of floral that reminds me of blue musk, but without most of the muskiness. There's also a breath of something fresh and spa-friendly, almost like eucalyptus.

This could be an aquatic spa scent, though one a bit off the common path. Everything about it has a delicate touch.

Sad love is salty aquatic blue lotus. It reminds me to the long ago Tears. Its sad, melancholic blue lotus. Good throw and wear length.

In the Bottle:
Salt and sappy greenery

On the Skin:
A salty aquatic and green leaves.  As it warms, the lotus sweetens the blend up slightly (blue or white lotus, not pink).  It doesn't take long for this to smooth out and become a light floral aquatic.  Perfect for summer.

On the Drydown:
On the drydown, this goes through a stage of pure salty aquatic and then onto blue lotus with the briny water in the background.  There remains a fairly robust greenness.  Nice

I'm sad to say that this wears like air freshener on me.

I wanted this to work but unfortunately, it does not!

I will be putting this up for sale.

On a positive note, it does dry down nicely.

Lotus is super iffy on me, in that it can go bubblegum sweet, but this one works. I get a watery, faintly sweet floral that pairs well with the salt notes. Sort of like a very low-key aquatic floral blend. Probably wouldn't have gotten a decant of this myself due to the bubblegum lotus associations, but glad to have a frimp.