Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Red Patchouli, Cherry Wood & Tobacco Absolute

This one smells like a woodier, with a touch of cherry, version of the Patchouli & Tobacco duet. Good throw and wear length. I am now going to have to death match the Patchouli & Tobacco duet and this one and see which one I like more. Good throw and wear length.

Initially, the patchouli dominated.  Then, the tobacco came out, but just a little not a lot.  The cherry wood appeared after an hour or so.  For me, this was a cherry wood and patchouli dance with tobacco being very shy about participating.  

This scent is more complex than the duets with patchouli and while I know that three notes IS more complex than two, most of the duets (except smoked cedar and warm vanilla) performed on my skin like single notes and layering scents.

The patchouli is a dark fruity dank patchouli. This is my favorite variety. It smells ripe. If thats what “red” is then I am down with it. I am not getting tobacco here,  This scent is more wet than dry (again it is ripe), and I do not smell the cologne note that often accompanies tobacco. The cherry wood might be contributing to that as well. 

On dry down more of the cherry wood comes out to play and the patchouli recedes, what was formerly a wet ripe scent is now dark and dry. Tiny bit cologne vibe I often get with tobacco, but its pleasing, tested on a dude. :) 

So far the trios are a hit for me! 

Maybe I amp cherry wood, but that’s what I’m getting the most of here. There’s tobacco accord, but it’s not the cherry tobacco I adore. The patch is fruity, not the darker variety (I seem to prefer black patchouli), and for whatever reason, this trio, which should have been dynamite on me, never quite gels. It does have some throw and good wear length, though.