Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

New Beginnings

An oil of fresh starts, but not a new beginning that ignores the past. This is a catalyst for new beginnings that spring from learning from experiences, processing the past, and being able to move forward with a clear head and your eyes open. Passion flower has been added to make the process gentler, and lemon peel and acacia gum to make the process swifter.

Includes: lemon peel, passion flower herb, birch bark, acacia gum, frankincense, bay leaf, calendula, chicory root, grains of paradise, and lemon balm.

I didn't realize that this was Twilight Alchemy, so I don't know if these are meant to be reviewed differently or not. I just tried this on a bit of my wrist.

I've been sitting on this for a while, I didn't realize no one else had reviewed it. This is so lemon baaaaaalm to me. I could be mis-interpreting the lemon peel and the passion flower, though. This very much smells like a good herbal tea with chamomile and lemon peel. It's got that overall herbal vibe that makes me want to spend some time in the garden.

I have been loving my bottle of New Beginnings. The scent is lemony, yes, yet not as crazy strong as I expected. After the wet phase, I get some sweetness and a resinous glow. It’s a warm, supportive sun beam sort of scent. 

The effect is a similar sunny supportive feel. I’ve been slathering when I’m about to engage in some interaction/activity that would usually drain me, to shift my approach/reaction. I feel it’s been encouraging me to be more interactive and easy-going, instead of tense or bored. 

The lemon peel and lemon balms makes this a bright, clean scent. There is definitely a floralness about it, thanks to the passion flower herb perhaps?

This isn't my usual thang but I'm thankful for getting to try it. Thank you to the fellow forumite for frimping!