Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Violet & Pale Woods

Watery violets and a whiff of dry woods. It's mainly a very soft violent blend with a backbone of blonde woods. Low throw and wear length.

In the decant: Mostly watery violet; the woods are tough to detect. As it dries down, the woods start to come out more, giving the scent more of a backbone and keeping things from getting into watery/soapy floral territory. The woods are subtle, but they complement the violet well. Soft and low-ish throw; this isn't an in-your-face floral.

I've developed food and inhaled allergies over the past year, and I'm finally brave enough to test florals and fruits (I can't seem to tolerate anything else atm). Well looks like violet is OK for me,  I love violet, and this does not disappoint.  It's not 'old lady' at all, sophisticated, somewhat dry and very springlike.  I like this and happy I can wear at least something!

This is really pretty and subtle. The dry woods don't make themselves known until on my skin for about a half hour. The violet is a very juicy violet, a little green. The woods anchor this and keep it from getting overly sentimental or old lady-ish. It doesn't last too long on me. That's my only real complaint. By hour three, it's gone.