Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Thirteen (13): December 2019

I am exhausted by current events and worldwide so this 13 is just the warmest, cheeriest goddamn thing I could come up with right now. I need cheering, and dollars to donuts, you probably do, too. Five chocolates, ranging from sweet to smoky, with white sugar, brown sugar, cardamom, coconut, vanilla marshmallow, hazelnut, candied pralines, and Madagascar vanilla.

To me, this smells like Gluttony and Gelt had a delicious, delicious baby. It's potent chocolate at first, but the chocolate gets eaten by my skin (as chocolate does) and leaves behind all manner of caramel toffee sweets.

This instantly became my husband's favorite, and I'm really glad I ordered a bottle.

Gelt with extra vanilla, marshmallow, coconut, pralines, and sugar. So its more like gelt and caramel milkway goodness. Foodie chocolate. Sugary, caramel, chocolate. Good throw and wear length.

This 13 starts off with chocolate and cardamom being the prominent notes, but it becomes a 13 dominated by the chocolate and sugars. I also get some of the candied pralines after it has been on the skin for a while. And it has good staying power, too (I could still smell it on my hand the next morning). The other 13 I would compare this to is 13 November 2015, with its chocolate and sugars, only, this one is better.

I'll be hanging on to my decant to wear on future Friday the 13ths! :cthulhu:

This version of 13 starts out as mainly chocolate and coconut on me, slowly giving way to mostly a vanilla marshmallow scent as the day goes on. Well after drydown, I'm still getting mostly vanilla marshmallow, but with a pleasant, dry cocoa note mixed in. Overall, it's sweet, foody, and whimsical. Staying power is also great through all the various stages it goes through on me (11 hours later, still very sniffable on my wrists). Will hang onto my decant for when the mood for something fun and foody strikes.

This decant was given to me by a friend and is the comfort scent I didn’t know I needed. Chocolate, milk and dark, cozy cardamom and hazelnut, and brown sugar praline, which dominates the late drydown. I don’t get marshmallow but don’t miss it either. Good throw and great wear length.