Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Gluwein

Warm red wine spiced with cinnamon sticks, cardamom, vanilla beans, clove, lemon and orange rind, bay leaf, and honey.

This smells exactly like described - it doesn't add up to a surprising chimera. Very much a Yankee Candle Christmas smell, which I happen to adore - perfect warm scent, heavy on cinnamon, cardamom and wine, to wear with a cozy sweater.

I nabbed a half bottle of this, and have no regrets.

This and Hunter Moon 2019 have each pleased as mulled wine variants: Hunter Moon more nature-based and sophisticated, this one more yummy and gourmand.

I get all Gluwein's listed notes, even the dark green, herbal touch of bay leaf, though it's light-handed. The honey and vanilla beans are also light touches on my skin. 

The red wine, spices, and citrus stand out stronger to me, but this is a well-blended, comfortable whole for the holiday season.

I never smell the red wine, which is a scent that doesn't work on my skin at all.

I get a honeyed cinnamon that makes me completely happy. I wear it all of December. Throw and longevity potent in equal measure.

I used to keep a hoard, but then I foolishly sold some. I tried (in vain) to obtain some in early December and St. Beth manifested it for me. I was afraid the new version wouldn't be the same as my old love, but it was and is.

Edited by tarotgirl99

This would be a perfect holiday room scent in an oil diffuser as well as a perfume. Wet, it smells like apple cider, but it blooms as it dries and becomes more complex, with orange and different spices emerging. I don't really get red wine (I was hoping for the note from Tintagel), but it's warm and festive and yummy.

In Bottle:  Straight up mulled wine, and it's beautiful. I love this. It's darkly fruity. I can sense the zip of the citrus peel at the back of my nose.

Wet, On Skin:  The spices pop out of the wine here for me. The wine is more in the background but still very evident and sweet. The vanilla vibes warmth.

Dry, On Skin: The wine has come back out to play and is perfectly balanced with the spices. This is the *perfect* blend, evoking all sorts of festive feelings.

Later:  The only downside to this one is that it starts out very strong on me but fades pretty fast. Three hours later and it is undetectable on my skin. But it's so, SO gorgeous I won't mind reapplying!!