Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

An olfactory phenomenon: a vintage musk, black suede, Tuscan leather, and aftershave with sandalwood, white cedar, and Italian bergamot.

This one is such a morpher on me...goes from strong smell of brand new suede shoes, to cheap high-alcohol men's aftershave with leather, then morphs to a sort of woody/almond thing with some citrus, down to a resiny non-gourmand almond with wisps of bergamot...

On wet, this was mainly a very sophisticated bergamot aftershave-based perfume and a touch of suede. The aftershave dissipates as it dries, and you get more musk coming out. This is a very clean, classy men's cologne with both tinges of suede and sandalwood. Honestly, it does smell like something a Beatle would smell like. Medium throw, good wear length.

This one morphs a LOT. On my skin, it smells like luxury pencil shavings with the black suede in the background, and it's a little too sharp and fresh for a good ten or fifteen minutes. But then, abruptly, it smooths out into delicious deep rich sandalwood thoroughly blended into the musk. No leather, no bergamot, even the cedar vanishes. I can't believe how *different* it becomes in so short a time.

British Invasion is much softer than I expected, though quite refined.
Primarily suede and a freshness from the aftershave with a touch of musk underneath. I’m thinking bergamot likes to vanish for me, because rarely notice it, even in blends that feature it. I can sense the sandalwood when I concentrate. Surprising that the cedar is MIA... 

Yes, a Beatle could have worn this, and been vibing so chill.
I’m wondering if it will get stronger with age... I like it enough, and will hold onto the decant. If it increase in strength, I might search out a bottle!

A leather scent for the summer months. 

Edited by artisjok