Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Thus says the Lord of hosts: Render true judgments, show kindness and mercy to one another; do not oppress the widow, the orphan, the alien, or the poor; and do not devise evil in your hearts against one another.

White magnolia blossom, champaca, and red oudh.

White magnolia, oudh, and smoky champaca. Honestly, this should be some sort of godless abomination on me. Magnolia never smells like magnolia on me, more like wet wool. Oudh ends up being a cloying mess that just smells unpleasant like a body function. 

Color me surprised. This is gloriously lushly white magnolia petals, with the oudh coming in and the champaca almost acting like a mystical incense. Frankly, I keep getting a big picture of Mary, mother of Jesus. But as a genteel Southern lady, with the steel backbone. The one that with her pearls and her gloves marches up to the big bullies and puts them into their place. Just because you're nice means you don't have a backbone. For those that appreciate that vituperative language isn't just about four letter words.

Go bless some hearts with this.

This starts out very heady and strong. An intense floral that's almost soapy.

I can definitely smell the champaca with its incense quality.

To me, this perfume is evocative of a lady in her late 50s or 60s who puts on a very expensive skin care.

I don't think the oudh is very prominent (although I'm also not entirely sure I know what it would smell like on its own).

It gets a bit creamier after 30 min but also turns a bit more soapy and powdery then.

Even though it's a heavy floral, I can sense a bit of a "red" quality in it as well - a similar note that I can detect in both Mme. Moriarty and Snake Charmer, for some reason.

For a hand cream, this would already be a bit much on me, so a definite no as a perfume, but YMMV.