Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Panthéon!

All right, so we only saw the Panthéon for a moment because Lilith wanted to hurry the hell up and get some crêpes, but I can’t with this smile. It’s THE BEST.

An incense for Sainte Geneviève, patroness of Paris: iris root, frankincense, and violet leaf.

Iris, violet and frankincense. This smelled like yellow flowers, which I think is the combination of the delicate iris and violet notes and the frankincense. Medium throw and wear length. For lovers of iris, violet, or frankincense. I think this one was one of the more subtle delicate blends that after you wear it you realize how gorgeous it is.

this is pale and ephemeral and elusive in the imp. freshly applied it's powdery orris root with an edge of youthful innocence.  about an hour later, while looking for source of the beautiful incense I was smelling, I brought my wrist to my nose and realized it was a late-blooming subtle frankincense,.  light enough on the violet note that it might not satisfy people craving that specific note.  I love powdery iris scents, and this is a nice, simple blend.  feels like a childhood favorite despite me only trying it now in adulthood.   

Eta just a touch of aging has brought the violet note out. This now wears like a powdery violet, the violet is soft and not candy-sweet. 

Edited by annemathematics

For some reason all I get is powdery, sour purple violet candies...I think the iris root is what is smelling like fruity violets, the frankincense has gone all to powdered starch and lemon, and the violet leaf is  reading as sharp and sour to my nose.

I think my dry winter skin and the cold weather are to blame. I hear that iris root/orris needs warmth to really bloom and this is just not a good day for it. I will let this age and come back to it. 

This does, however, have a very happy and uplifting label and I kind of love it just for that.

edit: Even just a couple of weeks of aging, and warmer weather have done wonders for this blend.  It is now the a really rich orris with a lot of depth, with tart violet leaf around the edges. A really unusual combination, which is why this blend caught my eye in the first place. If I concentrate really hard, I still pick up a little lemony frankincense, which I think I will continue to develop with age. But now all of the elements of this perfume are very clearly themselves, and not just the candyish hints I got on first impression.

Edited by crimescenecleanup

This is mostly lovely, powdery orris and violet on me, with just a trace of frank.  Since I love all three of those notes, this is a win-win for me.  Delicate and classy.