Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Trust me when I say it would be embarrassing to tell you how long we posed in this position while we waiting for Brian, Jade and Beth to come downstairs, but sometimes the joke is THAT IMPORTANT!

Sweet russet musk, auburn oudh, teakwood, and cement.

As someone who spends a great deal of time in the City Of Light, this was a scent I felt obligated to get, though in truth, I don't know if it's going to work on my skin. Lessee how it goes!

In The Bottle: I'm getting something sweet and plummy right away. I'm assuming it's the russet musk, which I've never before encountered. It's really nice! Musks for me are very hit (red) or verrrrry miss (black musk, I'm looking at you!) This one is really, really good, sweet, light, but not a sheer musk like the whites tends to be. I'm intrigued! 

Wet On Skin: Warming my skin, the scent is staying much the same- and NO objections from me about it! I do love me some teakwood, and hopefully it'll appear, but honestly, if it doesn't, I'll feel just fine about that, too.

Dry Down: The oudh is making a whispering appearance now, but that sweet, almost fruity musk is the star of this show. For long-time perfume fans, Betsey Johnson's very first perfume, which debuted in a perfect globe-shaped glass bottle in the early 90s, had a very similar feel, scent and vibe to this here scent. That was an early perfume obsession of mine, and I'm happy to have something similar with this lovely tribute to the building statuary of Paris ❤️ 

Oudh and stone. I get more of the musk as it dries, but in general its a very stone-heavy blend on me. It's much lighter than you expect, and it has almost a green tea note to it for me. But yeah, oudh and stone. It's playful, and sort of a clean smell. Good throw and wear length.

This scent is really hard for me to wrap my head around to give a concise review. I didn't really know what to expect heading in, but it's still beyond what I thought it'd be.

There's definitely a stone note to this, sort of sweet, very architectural. A bit damp? I get something in the background that is like a light clean tea. There's also a hint of woodiness from the teak, but most of the woodiness in this blend seems to be predominantly from the oudh, which is woody and a bit musky. The russet musk is very hard for me to describe... It does have a light fruitiness to it, and I can see where an above reviewer picked it out as plum. But it's not -really- fruity smelling. Just vaguely. A hint of something warm and brown... 

Overall this scent is very interesting and not quite like anything I've smelled from BPAL before. Very unisex smelling. Nice throw and longevity to it as well.

This is such a simply, beautiful scent. Mildly sweet with a hint of stone. This will be needed for the summer months. I love it!

This smells lovely, but not at all like what I was expecting.  I don't smell anything that I would thing of as "stone."  It smells almost floral to me, sweet, and I get hints of a light vanilla.  Someone else mentioned plum, and I do indeed recognize that note now.  I was expecting "russet" musk to be some form of red musk, but it's not.  I don't get any teakwood or oudh unless it's a faint warmth in the background.  Overall, there is a coolness to the blend, and, in some ways, it reminds me of a girlier "Night's Bridge," so maybe BPAL's stone note just smells sweet and floral to me.  Either way, this is very pretty and different, and I could see buying a bottle.  It's perfumey, but in a very pleasant way.  I just need to death match all the Lilliths and Lupers I like and decide which one's I can't live without.  :P 

Edited by VetchVesper