Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

2020 version.

Does exactly what it says on the tin: a stack of warm, fresh from the oven sugar cookies, lightly sprinkled with cinnamon sugar. I also get very little cinnamon here, this is not a snickerdoodle, it's just those big round pale sugar cookies. Fairly buttery , but no frosting/icing here!

This is making me really want to eat cookies.

2020 version!

So, there's this local bakery where I live that does a brown sugar oatmeal cookie...and I swear this is exactly that. It's brown sugar, caramel chips, butter, and warmth like you get around the edges of very sugary cookies that've baked *just* up to the edge of burnt but not quite, so it's dark hot sweet sugar.

I actually really like it, it's snug and cozy and beautiful in cold weather, but it is *not at all* a light fluffy sugar cookie on me - it's the opposite, deep and rich and decadent and brown-gold. I don't really get cinnamon, but I think it may just be getting swirled into the general dark caramelized cookie-heat.

2020 version

A sheen of buttery cookie sweat is tautened over a quickened, almost imperceptible pulse of cinnamon sugar. A faint perversion of egg nog permeates the air. Like a classic baked good with dastardly deeds that have yet to be discovered.

2011 version, with reindeer label. I bought in hopes of boozy snickerdoodle, but on opening this one in the dark, unexpectedly got something even more perfect (for me):

Pepparkakor! 

With all the spices, including pepper, a dark gingery peppery cookie. Fans of black or white pepper might love this version. Spicy!

Edited by ka hulu
🦌