Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Roogna

Three Children with a Goat Cart Hair Gloss

Frans Hals

Black teakwood with frankincense, leather, myrrh, and lemon rind.

I've only tried a few hair glosses, so bear with me, I don't have a ton of experience trying these or reviewing them compared to perfume oils. (for the record I ADORE It is Gold! It is Gold! and can still smell it the next day or even after washing my hair depending on shampoo)

I was looking forward to this one because I'm a leather lover. I got a 4ml tester in a spritz bottle so I could actually spray it on my hair.

Well, the lemon is lovely! It's very fresh, clean, and lemony...and not at all "lemon cleaner". I really like this lemon note.

Unfortunately, that's about all I get...and it doesn't last long. Within 2-3 hours it's basically gone.

Many hours after that if I sniff the part of my hair I sprayed versus a part I didn't (long hair) I can smell a difference - that there is *something* on the part I sprayed and still mostly lemony. 

I hope others have better luck than I did with this one.

I agree with the above...I looove the resins and teak and there is just a hint of lemon to freshen it up/keep it from being so heavy.  Lemon tends to go cleaner on my skin, but I do love the smell and it's so nice to be able to wear it in my hair without my chemistry messing it up! the leather is definitely somewhere in the mix there too, tho, and I'm not so much a leather fan so that might be the one thing keeping me from jumping on a bottle. It's also kind of low throw (not necessarily a bad thing for me)