Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Leading a host of spectral hounds, he scours the earth in search of errant souls: black pine and vetiver, leather and clove.

First? Really?

Wet: spicy woody incense.

Dry: this stays pretty much the same on me the whole time I'm wearing it. It's so seamlessly well-blended that I can't pick out individual notes. The clove is definitely there, but it isn't screaming its name the way it usually does on me.

I wish I could describe this better, because it's GORGEOUS! A little smoky, a little spicy, just a bit of leather and pine. I get the impression of cool incense smoke dispersed from a swinging censer under high trees. Soothing and centering.

Smoky pine leads to clove and leather. This is mainly a clove and black leather blend on me. Gender neutral to my nose but I can see others making that black leather manly. I can see a strong, dominant female into this. Good throw and wear length.

Wet: I can smell each listed note, and they smell great together. The pine and clove seem to be the stronger two of the four notes, but they're all there. This pine, which I'm really liking, is especially short-lived on me, though. And then most of the rest fades...

Dry: Sadly, this turns to a sweet clove SN on me.

I wanted to pounce on a bottle when this was wet, but it unfortunately lost its nuance once it dried.

the official cologne for metrosexual lumberjacks? this is indeed a lovely sexy thing.

beautiful deep pine with a surprisingly subdued vetiver (more syrupy and less smoky than the vetiver in midnight reunion with his lost wife) over a spiced shadow of leather. I love love love the opening, when the pine is strong and rich and proud and beautiful. it's still nice when it dries down to a dark, grassy* clove-stained leather, but that opening! I'd wear the wet scent always and forever, but the drydown is something I'd prefer to snuggle up to on someone else.

*vetiver-style grassy, not lawn grass