Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Honeyed lavender with Madagascar vanilla and plumeria.

Note: The punctuation on the bottle differs from that from the Lab announcement, so when looking for this online, you may also want to try searching for C%^T.

I am testing this after it had two days to settle, but Ill update if I notice any changes over the next few weeks.

In the bottle: Whoa, thats some honey! Its like a golden honey has been slathered over everything. I think its most like the honey from The White Bees Swarming HG, without the chilly note. The plumeria is pretty strong, too.

Wet: I get more lavender on my skin than I did in the bottle, but the honey is still the star of the show. The plumeria is stronger on me than the lavender, and I am not getting any of the vanilla at the moment.

Dry: Honey, plumeria, and lavender. The honey and plumeria are the strongest notes in the middle of my lower arm and in the crooks of my elbows, but the lavender has a stronger presence on my wrists.

After a few hours, the honey remains the dominant note on me, followed by the plumeria.

I was worried that the vanilla was going to be a no show on me, but it ends up being a lovely vanilla-ed and honeyed floral scent after several hours of wear. The creamy vanilla note is stunning, and I feel like this is when the scent really shines. :)

Verdict: This is a feminine, honeyed floral scent, with the vanilla gaining prominence much later. I am a fan of sugary florals, and lavender and vanilla is my favorite scent combination. But I wouldnt describe this as a lavender and vanilla scent, because this is heavy on the honey, and the plumeria is a main player as well. (Of course, skin chemistry is always a big factor, but these notes are also strong in the bottle.) I am really glad that I was able to obtain a bottle of this, and I suspect it will only get better with age. Thanks to the wonderful fairy that picked this up for me! :wub2:

ETA: I ended up deciding to destash this since the honeyed plumeria and lavender in the beginning is a little wonky on me, and sadly, the vanilla has not come out more with age. The lavender in this is a Spanish variety, and two years later, it is combining with the honey and plumeria to have a champaca and corn chip quality on me that I'm not really here for. If you're looking for a similar fragrance that isn't so hard to find, Luvmilk's Lofty Castle is similar to this (same lavender and honey), but without the plumeria.

Edited by doomsday_disco

I get honeyed plumeria and a whiff of vanilla. This is a very feminine, pink blend to me. It's giving me a strong Regina from Mean Girls.

Oh, you know the type. The ultra popular mean girl in high school, with her straight shiny blonde hair, who dared to cut anyone, ANYONE, if it suited her. And sometimes just for fun to see you bleed. Anything to show that she had the ability to hurt those around her.

But, if you ever wished you could, for once in your life, scream BITCH, GET IN THE CAR, WE'RE GOING SHOPPING, give this a whirl. Slap that Mean Girls on streaming, and have a fun night screeching like a harpy. No judgement here.

Except those shoes. Maybe we'll judge those shoes.

Wet: Lavender, a little honey, and plumeria.

Dry: Plumeria has bitched slapped the lavender and knocked out the honey. Plumeria is now the winner. SN plumeria. No thanks. :(

Wet: Honeyed lavender mixed with vanilla, and plumeria. Holy crap this is pretty. Also, the notes are listed in order of strength on me; the honeyed lavender is the strongest, while the plumeria is very much in the background.

Dry: The further away from my testing zone(okay, wrist) I smell this, I can smell more of the plumeria. The closer I get, the more I smell the honeyed lavender. Either way.. it's a win! (Overall, the plumeria is much stronger than the wet stage. )

Plumeria is one of my favorite floral notes, so I'm really happy this worked out, and thrilled I was able to track down a bottle. Winner!