Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The Everleigh’s phone number, available 24/7 to clients and sympathetic reporters. For a good time, call.

Softly-glowing gaslamps cast sinuous shadows over plush leather and brocade sofas, flicking its light between oaken shelves laden with books. A whiff of aftershave and the memory of perfume.

I'm not really sure how to review this one. I can't truly pick out the separate notes but I know they are there, it's just that the cumulative effect of them all blended together is so delicious that it becomes its own atmosphere. It's sexy and attractive and expensive smelling.

I will say that to my nose the prominent top notes are the aftershave and perfume (expensive smelling varieties) while the other notes create a background location for them. It's another prime example of how Beth captures a place and time in a bottle. Magic.

This is my favorite C2E2 this year. It's a whirling, symphony of bay rum? I'm also getting a hefty dose of gorgeous amber, opulent and divine, illuminating the notes. It smells exotic, sophisticated and expensive. It has a certain deep vanilla-oak, creamy note in the background that catapults it into extraordinary territory for me. It's like unisex darkness in a bottle, woods and incense smoke, couture perfumes, and rich cologne that is so alluring. This reminds me of a woodsy boutique, lined with bottles filled with luxurious scents, velvet sofas and leather goods. I can't stop sinking my nose into it to explore. In the same family as Haloes and The Golden Hour. 

Edited by Jenjin

Bay rum, oak, oriental perfumes, and a whiff of aftershave. This smells like an expensive Victorian parlour. Sophisticated, regal, and underneath all that silk, a lot of naughtiness. Medium throw and wear length.

Out of decant I get all of those notes together except for the aftershave - it stands out as faintly lavender lingering. I love oriental style perfume and I wouldn't say it's strongly that, it has a hint of it and the oak and bay rum. Wed down it has a slightly sour -not sure how its going to end up element. As it dries it morphs on me and the woods come up through the cologne. What is utterly entrancing me is what's left behind on the dry down. It's that sheer vanilla powder I hold so dear and I can't stop huffing my arm.

Calumet 412 smells like BPAL to me, which means that it is full of all the scents I love. Wet rich golden amber predominates on me, with vanilla and polished woods and rum. It's warm and sexy and comforting, really really nice. I don't get a lot of throw (I almost never do), but wear length is good. It stays pretty true to the initial impression, just getting softer and maybe a little sweeter. Beautiful!