Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Soft auburn musk, clove bud, honeyed patchouli, oakmoss absolute, cashmere labdanum, cedar, and mimosa blossom.

In the Bottle:
Musk, cedar and honey. Smells sweet and rich

On the Skin:
Not as sweet on the skin. The musk is warm and I get the auburn aspect as it's not dark and not white. The honey and patchouli simmer along but gain some strength

On the Drydown:
Gorgeous, light honey, musk and the characteristic patchouli scent. The clove makes its presence known but doesn't take over, just adding a smoky spiciness. The mimosa isn't evident. Nice but fleeting on my skin

Musk, clove, honey patchouli and cashmere. This smells rich and opulent, warm and sophisticated. This smells like a traditionally musky perfume. Very elegant. Medium throw and wear length.

Wet: Mmm, that's glorious. In my head, I love patchouli. In reality, lately it turns dry and dusty and sad on my skin in most blends. In this, it is chewy, rich and delicious. I don't know why, but this somehow reminds me of Antikythera? That is by no means bad, but it is perplexing. The similarity is passing as this dries and the rich labdanum (a new love of mine) comes forward. Mmmm. This is gorgeous. I don't know how on earth I am going to narrow down my "need more of" list from this year's Lupers.

Dry: This is hard to describe. It's sweet, musky, rich, woody. I can't say exactly which notes come through strongest, they really blend well. I like it a lot, and will be getting more. I bet it ages great too!

ooh, liking this a lot at first! i get musk, honey, patchouli and the cashmere labdanum. it's warm, rich and a bit decadent. after a minute or two the patchouli really amps up, and this gets a bit earthier. the honey in this is goooorgeous, i might add. after about 20 minutes, it's a woody-baby powder scent. i get more cedar at this point, and maybe a hint of clove and mimosa. after another 20 minutes or so it's a warm, yellow musky scent. i really do like this one. perfect if you want a rich honey musk with other elements. eta: after the drydown this is even more gorgeous-i believe it's mostly the cashmere labdanum. i need a bottle of this!

Edited by theseagrows

ITI: Interesting. On first sniff, I'm met with a lovely, creamy wood with a very subtle and subdued floral musk and a touch of cashmere.

Wet: Ah, there's the slightly more forceful cedar, flanked by almost a fuzzy musk (which must be the auburn and perhaps a touch of the clove bud). The labdanum emerges, swathed in gauzy cashmere and a touch of warmed patchouli. Faint honey weaves itself around the heavier notes, yet it isn't sickly sweet but more of a beeswax note, which is genius with these woods.

Dry: This reminds me of BPAL's Scholar's Tower now that it's dry, but less resinous and more creamy and musky. It's less resinous, though. On its own, the scent is deliciously warm, musky, and woodsy with very soft beeswax patchouli, and a faint sprinkle of hazy clove and cashmere. Lovely!