Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Frostbitten Malediction

No additional description provided. Scent description for Malediction is here.]

This one is a weird mix of Snow White's fluffly snowy almond and a deep undertone of vetiver. On wet, the vetiver is extra gritty and smelling like bacon-smoke. This actually fades out, and then it dries down to Snow White with a touch of patchouli. Good throw and wear length.

Malediction is my favorite BPAL scent. It smells just like the woods where I hike often. It embodies the notions of peace, adventure, renewal, and spirituality for me. Seeing Frostbitten Malediction offered for Yule made me cry with joy, and now that my order has arrived, I am crying again.

This version is more beautiful than expected. I expected Malediction with an icy note, but this is Malediction with sweet snow. It's like walking in my favorite woods with fresh snow on the ground and light, sparkly flakes coming down on Christmas Eve. As much an emotion as a scent.

The initial application, wet, was the typical strong, eye-watering Malediction with a hint of a cold note, but that quickly changed to Malediction with a note of sweet snow, and quickly amped to an almost snowy-cotton-candyish overlay with Malediction in the background. I assume this is the "Snow White" version of snow that fans speak of. The longer it's on my skin, the sweeter it's getting with the biting base of Malediction losing ground. Could almost be an olfactory interpretation of the miracle and mystery of Christmas - an innocent babe, laid in a manger, born to overcome the Adversary. After an hour, it seems perfectly balanced between Malediction and sweet snow. It's beautiful and perfect. Definitely a few more bottles going in my basket!

[update: 14 hours later, I can still smell it on my wrist, and it's still perfectly balanced.]

Edited by kscha2017

Mega morpher, this one! It starts out almost almond-like on my skin and then the vetiver comes up with a wonderful growl to recede into gnarly patchouli with a bit of sweetness, to occasional waves of an almost tar type note. It is a strong, beautiful BPALesque perfume, not for the light hearted.

ETA I did not wait long enough for the complete cycle. This has turned into the frosty snow note with undertones of vetiver and patch. The Frostbittens are knocking it out of the park for me!

Edited by Minh Scent